Chapter Twenty-Three: True Bond

After that point, everything moved in slow motion.

I could no longer feel the pain in my ankle as the Beast's body covered my own human one, taking all my human pain away with it.  I couldn't explain it.

Bucky and Wanda took out all the leftover HYDRA agents in the room, while Sam and Tony fended off those who had the chance to be called in for backup. One way or another, we were all fighting someone, or something. We all stood in a circle, or backs facing the inside, fighting in sync. We were a team again.

Eve, Steve, Natasha, Clint and I all stood against John Moon, while Laura remained in the corner, frightened and not looking to help us. If she just came out of the trance, she was probably overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions right now. I didn't have time to worry about her though. I was trying to not get killed, make sure no one else got killed, and trying to kill John Moon. But mostly, I was thinking of what I could do to do it.

In the mean time, Clint shot two arrows on either side of him, as he caught the third, all of them exploding as soon as they hit. He dropped the arrow out of his hand in pain. He shot a few more, stunning him for as long as he could, giving us some time to think up our next move. Eve took this time to attack first.

She shifted into the bear, and slammed him on the floor from the middle of his chest, on top of a small piece of wood, not quite sharp enough to pierce through his entire body. The powers of The Changing were making his extermination very difficult. The only thing that could kill him is what would give him absolute power, which were the stones, which is also why The Beast told me we all needed to unite, to uncover a power stronger than anything HYDRA could create in a lab. I just wished that we has gotten to Laura before John did. We were all trying to think up a plan to do that as we avoided dying by him in the mean time.

When he was on the ground, Natasha shocked him once more with one of her assassin shockers, then used her zip tying gadget to keep him down, buying us more time to figure out what the Hell we were going to do. Without Jack here, there wasn't really anything we could do but wear him out.

Thinking frantically, I ran towards Steve, praying he understood where I was going with this. His life pretty much depended on it.

When he realized I had no intention of stopping, as I ran at him in full Beast form, he ducked, putting his shield up above his head, as I leaped on it, using it as a boost to attack John Moon from behind. The vibranium shield didn't take any damage except for the paint now burned off from when I stepped, there being now one big smudged star in the center of his shield. He was going to have to get that fixed.

Looking back just in time to see me, he quickly dodged my deadly attack, making me fall underneath him. I let out a small roar at the action, as he gave me another sinister look. I decided for sure right then and there that no matter who had control of his mind, the man was sick. HYDRA or not, he wanted this, and abandoned me before I was even born. I pushed my eye brows together, symbolizing an angry face, but it did nothing to help my case.

At this, the pain in my ankle began to return as the Beast slowly started to disappear, revealing my human form. It happened more when I was weak, and I was shifting fast. Faster than I was comfortable with, but I could tell that this was exactly what he wanted.

Just when I thought I would completely shift back, I began to see something I didn't expect to see happen around me.

The droplets of water that were in the air began to all come together, making my eyebrows furrow together, and the air super dry.

Suddenly, and very sharply, they all raced towards John Moon's head, trapping him in a water bubble where he could drown, released his grip on the back of my head.