Trend

-already doing POV switches oh shit oh shit oh shit-

POV: Seth Cirn

I search "human trend" on Google, go to articles and go for newest results. The page is filled with the same topic and different variations, all from the past 24 hours. I find the one suggested to me earlier and tap it.

Source: newspaper, name withheld

Of humans between the ages of 13 and 21 in America, 16% currently live on the streets, either from being kicked out, running away or facing poverty and looking to change it. With recent inflation in Northeastern America, 79% of these teenagers have been unable to find a job to support themselves, so they've turned to a new way of living: across the border.

With fake ID's in hand, numerous humans have made it across the border to break into giants' homes and live that way, not having to worry about rent or food, as long as they're not caught. If you're a giant and you know for sure  there's a human living with you who shouldn't be, contact the police. If you're a human and you're considering joining the trend, think against it because it could put you in danger.

There's no chance a human is living here. Right? I just talked to Laurie earlier about working with them and how impossible they are to deal with. Sometimes, it'd be easy to just flick one of the fuckers back to whatever they came from, so I wouldn't have to be around them. If one is living here, we have to draw it out before we contact anyone.

"Laurie!" I shout, walking back through the room, paying a bit of attention to how I walk. I'm not particularly loud, I don't stomp walk, but I'm sure to any little human I make an earthquake. I call my girlfriend and she calls back "What?" as I come into the room. She sits in her chair, typing away at something on her laptop, closing it as I approach.

"I found the article, there are humans living in houses now, since they apparently have no where else to go," I tell her.

"That makes no sense," she replies as I sit down near her. "They have no space on their side?"

"They do, but inflation is driving them broke, so they thieve off of people like us now."

"Like us, or actually us?" she asks.

"I don't know, but we need to find it if there is one. Get evidence, you know?"

"Yeah. I'll tell you if I see anything."

"You too." I pop back out of the room and walk down the hall, still aware of my steps. Walking past the cabinet, I see something on the ground. I do a doubletake, but it's gone the second time. 

Over the next few days, Laurie and I gather evidence. My list is decently thorough: moving shadows only five or six feet tall, the average height of a human, the flash I saw the other day, missing bits of food everyday, and just getting that feeling I'm being stared at. No bit of  evidence is enough to draw a conclusion, but altogether, it's pretty important.

"I have that same list, basically," Laurie tells me as we review our lists. "There's probably someone here. I'd want to live here if I were a human who got to choose a house to live in that's not mine."

"How could one even get in? Our house is too new to be broken into by soft spots."

"Well, have you left the door open any time in the past few weeks." I reassess my past week. I went to work a ton of times, mowed the lawn about 5 days ago, last week I went shopping...

Wait. I left the door open to grab bags. I tell Laurie this, and she agrees it's the only way. "How are we going to draw it out?" She asks me.

"Well," I think for a second. "I guess the easiest thing to do is scare it out."