Chapter 6 Dad

I didn't really know my dad to be honest. He lived in Connecticut and only came up once a year for my birthday. We stoping communication because all he did was blame me for not coming down and visiting him. My mom never married he but she did get married to a guy named Michael about 7 years ago. Even though he wasn't much of a dad I still couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my face all night long.

*****

I barley left my room it's been a week since I found out. Harry came over a couple times to check up on me and make sure I was still breathing. I heard a knock on the door I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea."Come in"I didn't feel like getting it and is assumed it was Harry anyway."Hey how are you feeling"said Harry walking around the corner and into the kitchen."I've been better "I said trying to give a smile but failing badly."Is it bad I don't feel that sad about his death I mean I didn't know him that well?" I asked hoping that didn't sound to morbid."I guess not I mean if you didn't really know him you can't make up feelings that you don't have"

"That's true I'm glad I'm not all mopey anymore I mean I'm still sad but not as much as I was when I just found out."

I sighed and then sat down on the couch patting the spot next to me for Harry to sit down. "So I was wonder would you come to the funeral with me? I just don't want to go alone. Luke already left yesterday to help with planning and everything. It's in two days it's fine if you can't I would understand." I was praying he would come with me only because I didn't want to show up alone it was hard enough as it is."Yeah of course I just want you to be comfortable" he said smiling down at me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and thanked him with a gentle kiss. I don't know what we are if we are together or if we are anything but I'm happy with whatever it is.

******

It was the day before the funeral me and Harry had just landed and were only

planing on staying over night and leaving the next night with Luke. We rented a car and I drove us to my house. I was a little worried because I didn't know what my mom would think about Harry. All I told her was I was bringing a friend. After about an hour we pulled into my childhood driveway. It looked the same with the small flower garden in the front and stone walls of the front of the house."Brace your self my family can be a little um forward."I told Harry hoping my family wouldn't be to embarrassing. We walked up the steps and I opened the door to see Ava playing Just Dance 2018 on the wii and Gavin sitting on the couch next to her on his phone. "I'm home where's Cynthia?" I asked Gavin but he just stared at Harry behind me with a sly grin on his face. I shot a glare and just walked past him putting me and Harry's bags by the basement door."Cynthia" I yelled through the house."Yeah I'm in the kitchen" I walked through the house with Harry behind me."Hey I'm home and this is my friend Harry.Harry this is my stepfather's wife Cynthia, Cynthia this is Harry." She looked at me smiling bright"well it was about damn time you brought a boy home with you. Hi sweetie " Cynthia incased him in her arms. I was surprised because usually she would go all pshyco and interrogate the men I brought home not that I brought home a lot. Harry just grinned and hugged her back."Well Alex you two can stay in your old room okay. I'm gonna finish dinner" I was genuinely surprised at her sudden cheery attitude,but then remembered she hated my dad and was probably happy. My old room was downstairs in the basement because we didn't have enough space upstairs. On the bright side I got the biggest room in the house. I showed Harry to the room and we put our bags down."Wow your room is like the size of my living room"he said looking around at the almost untouched space."Yeah it was pretty awesome back in high school I would sneek out and go to parties and then come back and no one would know most of the time." His eyes trailed over to the keyboard on my desk and he looked back at me ."Do you play?"

"Yeah a I took piano and voice lessons through middle and high school" I haven't played in a about a year" I lied I actually played ever since and am actually very good. "It gave me such a rush I never wanted to stop."

"Would you play something for me?" He asked

"umm sure why not."

I walked over to the piano and sat down i wiped the inch of dust off of the keys and turned it on. I started playing and instantly fell in love all over again.

"Some people live for the fortune some people just for the fame. Some people live for the power yeah yeah some people just to play the game."

I loved this song If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys it was my favorite to play. He looked at me in amazement and just sat on the bed in front of the piano and listened intently. I stopped after the second chorus and sat next to him on the bed."Bravo bravo you are really really good!"he said clapping his hands in applause."aww thanks" I said my cheeks as red as a rose."DINNER!" I heard Cynthia yell from the top of the stairs."WE'RE COMING!" I yelled back and we headed up the stairs to the table.