Chapter 12

Fionnas POV:

I get back to the tree house and sit down on the couch, Cakes been home but didn't notice me due to being so quiet. I feel terrible, I mean Gumballs always been messing with my feelings and junk but then once I have to fake date Marshall... ugh, stop thinking! "Hey suga didn't notice you coming home." Cake sits down next to me and I sigh ignoring her presence, "Something wrong you know you can tell me." Wait I could find a way around this, I could easily tell her that now Gumball said he likes me without breaking the hole fake liking Marshall thing.

"I don't know Cake.." I sigh looking away from her.

"Just tell me, baby." She looks at me seriously rubbing my back soothingly. I sigh trying to find some stupid way out of this issue, but I know I won't be able to other than the truth... I know I can't tell her that for anything though. "Fionna?"

"I'll be fine." I force a smile still looking away from her. She sighs looking at me still, I guess she finally realizes I'll be okay and stands up walking towards the door.

"I'll be out alright?" She smiles softly and I nod as she walks out the door leaving me alone. I sigh standing up and walking to the kitchen and open the fridge searching for something to eat. We only have old spaghetti, and some stupid saltines, I sigh slamming the refrigerator door shut.

Marshalls POV:

After the whole Gumwad thing I go home, waiting for Fionna to return. I have a feeling that there really wasn't some stupid monster and it was something els, I have to shake this from my head, I have to trust that she is doing whats right. I finally get to my house and grab my bass, usual pastime and start playing. I don't really feel in the mood to be singing right now.

A couple hours pass, maybe I should go check on Fionna I put my bass down and float to Fionnas tree house in no time. I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer. After a couple minutes Fionna answers the door looking up at me. "Hi Fi, you alright?" She seemed a little sad but as soon as I say this she seems to snap back into her happy normal mood.

"No, no I'm fine!" She smiled softly looking up at me, "Err... Is there something you need Marshall...?" She seemed like she didn't even want to talk to me, which sort of bugs me.

"I was just checking on you... Want me to leave?" I feel a bit hurt about this whole thing, I want to talk to her and all but it seems that she doesn't want to talk to me.

"No you can stay, I'm just a little off I guess..." She sighs looking down, I instinctively pull her into a hug and rub her back softly in attempt to comfort her. "Thanks...." She wraps her arms around me hugging me back which makes me feel overjoyed.

((THANK YOU FOR READING AND FAVORITING!!! Oh glob it means sooo much!! Sorry for taking forever to update I've been busy with junk >.<. Anyways thank you to all my new followers if you are reading this. ;) updates coming soon!!))