Chapter 3

Ryder's P.O.V

Lexi attempted to sit as far away from me as she could, I knew she was scared, hell i was scared of myself. I have no clue what came over me back there, i have never touched a girl that way before, i have never wanted to hurt a girl, i didn't want to be like my father. Something inside of me just snapped, i have this need to protect Lexi and i don't know why i just do. " Where are we going" Lexi as i continued to drive away from the school. " I'm taking you home" i said taking my eyes off of the road to look at her. " I cant go home looking like this my parents will flip shit" she said suddenly sounding stressed out. " Fine you can come to my house" i said focusing back on the road. "but" " you're coming to my house and that's finale" i said. My phone started ringing in my pocket, i took my phone out and looked at who was calling ~ AssWipe~ i groaned before answering. "What do you want" i sneered, "Meet me in 15" he said back hanging up. I deeply sighed before changing my direction and heading toward the abandoned building. "Uh Ryder this isn't the way to our houses" shit i almost forgot she was here " I have to go see some people". 

Lexi's P.O.V 

10 minutes later we ended up Down town, where most of the druggies and what nots lived. My mom always tolled me never to come here, due to the fact that there was tons of shootings and stuff here, Soon we arrived at what looked like an abandoned building, Oh fudge this is where Ryder murders me, i thought to myself. Ryder drove threw some doors and parked his truck in front of some guys. "Stay here" he softly demanded, I rolled my eyes " but i don't want to stay in here" i slightly whined." fine just stay close to me, these guys are dangerous" he sounded slightly annoyed. We got out of the truck and walked towards the men. There was five guys standing in front of us. One looked at my face before looking at Ryder " Whoa man, you beating up girls now you re a real man" he laughed before attempting to high five Ryder. Ryder just shot him a death glare, " why'd you call me here". "Whoa whoa aren't you going to introduce us to the very attractive lady" One with curly hair said starting to get closer to me. "No because you are not going to see her again" Ryder said putting an arm around my waist. "Now why am i here?" Ryder questioned again. "Follow me, Leave the girl" one of the men said, Ryder hesitantly let me go and followed the guy in to the back. "Whats your name sexy?" the one with the curly hair asked putting his hands on my hips. I gave him a look of disgust before attempting to push him away from me. "Feisty, I like it" he said before moving his mouth to my neck and attempting to kiss it. "RYDER" i screamed while still trying to push the guy off me. Ryder immediately came out and saw what was going on. In the matter of seconds Ryder was on top of the guy and was continuously punching him in the face. There it was again, this side of Ryder that made me was to curl into a ball and cry, because i was genuinely terrified of him. I turned around not wanting to witness what was happening and started walking out of the building. I heard shouting coming from the building as i kept walking down the street of the sketchy neighbourhood. 

Ryder's P.O.V 

I was pulled off of Harry and thrown to the ground, i got up and looked around. " Where the hell is she" i screamed at the 5 guys in front of me. They all shrugged their shoulders as i walked to my truck. I looked at Harry " Come near her again and i will kill you" with that i got into my truck and drove out of the building. I've let my anger get the best of me twice today, "Fuck" i yelled. I started driving down the street and saw a figure at the stop lights. I drove a little faster until i was driving slowly beside her, I rolled down my window. " Get in the truck" i said to her sounding harsher then intended. She glanced at me but continued walking. " please get in the truck? " i tried. "Fine." she sighed while i stopped the truck. she got in and slide over beside me, putting on her seat belt. 

Lexi's P.O.V

I kept my gaze on my lap as we drove, "I don't know why i get like that" Ryder sighed. "Hmm?" i said looking up at him and raising an eyebrow. " Angry, i don't know why i get so angry when it comes to someone hurting or touching you." he said looking over at me for a brief second before looking back at the road. " Its just i feel like i have to protect you, like if anything happened to you i wouldn't be able to... to i don't know i just wouldn't be able to do anything, i would be done with everything." i felt i few tears prickle my eyes. "You re the only person who's every stuck up for me, you know? Like no one has ever beat up another guy for me" i said looking down at my lap. I felt the truck come to a stop and be turned off, two fingers were placed under my chin and i was forced to look up at Ryder. "From this day forward, I am going to be here for you, I'm going to protect you from anything that can do you harm, I promise you that no one will hurt you." i felt a few tears escape my eyes " Thank you" i whispered not trusting my voice. I leaned into hug him but noticed blood on his shirt," I would hug you but i don't feel like touching someone else blood" i said laughing. Seconds later Ryder is shirtless, with his arms open waiting for my to hug him. I hesitantly lean in and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him, he wraps his arms around my stomach tightly. I let go and Ryder continued to drive, i took my chance and looked at his abs, i bit my lip and looked away. "So babe are you staying at my house tonight?" he asked hope clear in his voice. I felt my cheeks become hot" if you w-want me to" God dammit good job Lexi, you dumb ass. "Of course i want you to" Ryder said with a sly smirk, while pulling into his drive way. We got out of the truck and headed into his house.