Chapter 6

Lexi's P.O.V

The bell rang loudly letting us know that lunch has come to an end, today was one of the best lunches I've had. I smiled as i got out of my seat and held Ryder's hand making my way to my locker. Ryder's friends followed as i did my combination, "looks like were locker buddies" Brooks smiled widely at me while doing his combination. " I got to go to my locker" Ryder said kissing my cheek and walking away, Judd and Kye following closely behind. "What class do you got next" Brooks asked standing a little to close to me. I turned around and looked at him " Umm English, you?" I said slightly stepping backwards, my back touching the cold metal of my locker. "Same" He smiled tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, "Uh i should be getting to c-class- i stuttered attempting to turn back around to grab my things. Brooks trapped me by putting his hands above my head. "Or you can stay" He smirked leaning in attempting to kiss me. I felt him be harshly be pulled away from me, "What the fuck do you think you re doing" I hear Ryder's voice boom through out the hallways, just like it had the day before, Everything happened way to fast, Ryder was on top of Brooks beating the living shit out of him. My body was frozen in shock as i saw both Judd and Kye attempting to pull Ryder off of Brooks. I decided to give it a try to calm him down before Ryder was put in jail for murder. I grabbed onto his shirt and pulled it a bit "Ryder! get off him please" I pleaded, seconds later i was hit across the face, falling to the ground . I looked up to see Ryder sitting there looking at me, "Holy shit Lexi I'm so fucking sorry, i thought you were Judd or Kye or something" he rambled on as i just stared at him in pure shock. He actually hit me, holy shit. I stood up grabbing my bag and slamming my locker closed before rushing down the hall and out of the school.

Ryder's P.O.V

I hit her, I actually fucking hit her. I've finally become my worst nightmare, My father. I watch as Lexi grabs her stuff and practically runs down the hallway. I quickly stand up and chase after her, i run out of the school and look around the parking lot. Come on Lexi you couldn't have gotten that far. I jump into my truck and start driving towards our houses, just as I come to a stop light my phone begins ringing. ~ASS WIPE~ is on the screen, i answer it. "Ryder" i hear Lexi cry, "Lexi?!?" i ask even though i know its her voice, I swear to god hes a dead man if he touches her. "Oh howdy Ryder, as you can probably tell you ravishing lady friend is her and you have about 10 minutes to get to the building before i put a bullet threw her skull" Harry's disturbing voice chuckles threw the receiver as I hear Lexi's hiccuping cries. "I swear to god if you so much as touch her i well smash your fa- I was cut off by him hanging up.

Lexi's P.O.V

I sat in the back of a van, a blindfold over my eyes and my hands tied behind my back. The only sounds are the ones of the passing traffic and the soft music playing from the radio. After Harry hung up on Ryder i began counting down to my death. 5 minutes later the van has come to a halt and the doors are opened. I hear voices and people exciting the van but i dare not move, The doors are closed and locked and i have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hear another vehicle pull into what I'm assuming is the abandoned building and a door slam shut. "Where the fuck is she" Ryders voice growls outside of the van. My feet stand me up slightly and lead me towards the door where i heard his voice. "Ryder" My voice comes out hoarse and scratchy most likely from my crying. "Lexi" he calls, "Take another step and i shoot" Harry's voice shouts. "Ryder" I scream again my voice sounding slightly clearer. I hear movement before a gun is shot. My eyes widen as kick at the door, hot tears begin to burn my cheeks as i continue kicking and screaming for Ryder. My heart is slowly being ripped out of my chest as i get no response from him. I fall to my knees in the cramped van and suddenly feel darkness take over me.