Chapter 9

"Ryder" i slightly glared at him, "can i get you anything" i asked in a Mon-tone. "Can we talk, please" I scoffed, "Why the hell would i want to talk to you" Audrey suddenly came up to me whispering "Brooks is here" My breath hitched as my eyes scanned the crowd, If Brooks see's me with Ryder he'd be extremely pissed. Abort mission Abort mission Brooks is headed over here and he is not looking to happy. "Long time no see" Brooks sent Ryder a death glare, Brooks grabbed onto my arm tightly. "Lets go Lexi" He sighed Roughly pulling me through the swinging door. " I-I'm still w-working" I stuttered in fright, slightly pulling my arm away but soon regretting it because his gripped tighten. "Your hurting her" Ryder frowned, I looked into his eyes seeing that same look he would get 2 years ago. "Let her go" Ryder said threw gritted teeth. "And what exactly are you going to do if i don't" Brooks chuckled egging Ryder on. Ryder pushed Brooks harshly causing him to stumble back and let my arm go. "That all you got pretty boy, this ain't high school anymore" Brooks smiled devilishly. I knew Brooks wouldn't be able to win this fight i mean yeah he's strong but i can tell Ryders been working out over the past 2 years. "Ryder don't fight him, please" i begged slightly. Ryder closed his eyes probably thinking, before he exhaled deeply. "Ill come home with you Brooks" i said while walking over to him, i turned to look at Audrey who almost looked scarred. I gave her a small smile before Brooks grabbed my wrist and led me out of the crowded bar. Once we were out of sight he pushed me into a alleyway, pushing me even harder against a brick wall. "What the fuck were you doing with him" Brooks screamed in my face. "Brooks calm down please" I asked with pleading eyes. 

Ryder's P.O.V 

I felt a bad feeling letting Lexi walk out with Brooks so i followed them, I stayed back a bit not wanting them to turn around and see me. "Brooks calm down please" Lexi begged, seconds later I heard a loud sound of skin slapping. I turned down the alley way that they went down, i saw Lexi on the ground cupping her cheek with her small hands, Brooks was standing over her with his fist clenched. "Touch her again and i will beat the shit out of you" Brooks turned towards me with a sly smirk before turning back to Lexi and lifted her harshly. "Like this" Brooks raised his hand to Lexi again, before he was able to hurt her i charged at him, 

Lexi's P.O.V 

I watched as Ryder jumped onto of Brooks and continuously hit him, I sat on the ground watching in horror as Ryder became this person again. Honestly I was some what glad that Brooks was getting what he deserved but I didn't need Ryder killing him. "Ryder" I croaked out, I could tell he could hear me because he hesitated before he punched Brooks in the nose causing a cracking noise to be heard. I cringed "Ryder pl-please" i said a little louder. He slightly cocked his head towards me before getting off of Brooks. "Don't EVER come near her again, you wont make it out alive again." Ryder Spat, he walked over to me grabbing my hand gently lifting me up as we walked towards my apartment. "How long" Ryder finally spoke as i unlocked the door and flicked the light switch on. "Hmm?" i asked even though i knew exactly what he meant. "How long has he been abusive" Ryder interrogated. "Not long i guess, it started where he would grab me roughly when he came home drunk, but then it got to the actual hitting part, he made sure never to hit me where someone would see like on my face or arms, he would go for my stomach or shoulders stuff like that. Tonight was the first time he hit me in the face." I spoke slowly while grabbing grabbing a duffle bag and putting my my stuff in it. "I'm sorry" Ryder sighed as i walked to the bathroom to grab stuff from there. I tried to grab my medication before Ryder saw but had no luck "Whats that for" Ryder questioned. "Depression" I muttered. Ryder looked upset as he nodded his head and looked down at his feet. "How long?" Ryder asked yet another question. "Since I've been taking medication? 2 months after you left. My mother said there was something wrong with me, so she took me to the doctor and he diagnosed me with depression" i said sounded slightly annoyed with him wanting to know my life story. "But Judd said you looked happy" Ryder said while i raised an eyebrow at him. "Judd had contact with you" i spoke harshly. "can we talk about this later? Brooks could be back soon and i don't think i can hold back this time." Ryder said trying to get off the topic. "Brooks wont be back for a while hes going out with friends, now we are going to sit here and youre going to answer any of my questions or you can walk out the door and stay out of my life." i said in one breath. Ryder let out a frustrated breath before nodding and sitting on my bed. "Where'd you go" Was the first question that came out of my mouth."15 minutes out of town" Ryder answered quickly. 

Ryder's P.O.V 

"You were only 15 fucking minutes out of town" lexi screamed while putting stuff in her bag. I nodded slightly preparing for her next question, I am willing to sit here all night and answer all her questions if it means i get to be around her longer. "Why are you in New York" she asked zipping up her bag and sitting on the chair in front of me. "I um have been here for 8 months."