7. 'Saviour'

It was absolutely nonsense. For the past four days, Dev had skipped breakfast to avoid Sonakshi. Why? He felt sorry about the kiss. She was his employee and moreover, he was dating someone else and so was she.

It was a good night kiss, he reminded himself.

Wrong, kissing twice isn't a good night kiss.

Ok, good night kisses.

On the lips?

You were flirting, Dev. It was wrong
**************

He sipped his coffee as Sonakshi sat down on the chair across him and smiled. "Morning, Dev. I'm glad to see you at breakfast after four days. I'm sorry that you were ashamed about the kiss. If I would have known, I wouldn't have allowed it." There was annoyance in her voice and she made no effort to hide it. Dear god, it was only a kiss. They didn't share the same bed.

Dev heard what Sonakshi said but couldn't reply. He swore she never looked prettier before than now as she sat in a yellow sun dress that made her eyes looked wonderful. And, the dress did wonders to her ample curves.

"Dev!" Aarti rushed into the dining room and then into her brother's arms. "Good morning."

"Good morning. What are you doing here?" He kissed her cheek and looked.

"I wanted just wanted to know where Sonakshi lived."

Dev smiled, "She lives right behind you, Aarti." He turned her around and they both looked at her.

"Morning Aarti." She still had an irritated smile on her lips.

"You live here. Why?"

Sonakshi laughed at her. "I'm Shivani, Sia, and Sanju's nanny sweetheart. Don't get your hopes high again." When she told herself that it's her hopes that were suddenly high. She had decided to break off with Neil only because that was in her best interest, after two people warning her about him. She didn't want any troubles.
"What are you doing here?"

"Wondering if you could go shopping with me."

"I can't, Aarti. It's Wednesday and I work."
Aarti frowned at her and then turned to her brother. "She's going with me, Bhai and you won't sack her. If you do, you'll face me." She patted his cheek. "Where are my three favorite nieces?"

"At Mom's place still. And, Sonakshi can go since they aren't home. I don't need her around anyways."

"Good. I was about to say the same thing."

"Aarti would you like breakfast?"

"No. I had breakfast, but you guys finish then we'll go."

"Thanks." Sonakshi smiled and continued her breakfast.
********

Sonakshi got home around eight that night as it rained terribly. Mrs Jones told her that Shivani and Sanjana were still at their grandmothers house but Sia had come back. When she wanted to go see her, Mrs Jones told her that she was sleeping at the moment. Sadly, Sonakshi went back to her room and changed into a pair of sweats and a shirt, with her hair loosely pulled back in a braid. After answering to her sister's e-mails she worked on a few articles and then decided she could use a cup of coffee.

Rain hit hard on the windows of her room. Thunder rumbled in the dark sky outside but she looked it. As she passed Sia's room humming, she heard the T.V. on. She went closer and saw the lights closed and someone crying inside. She stopped and waited to comfirm. Although it didn't happen again, she wanted to make sure the little girl was ok.

She knocked on her door. When she didn't hear an answer, she opened the door and looked around. The room was dark, beside the T.V.'s light. She glanced at the bed and didn't find her there, but in the corner of the room.