11. 'Just Married'

Sonakshi and Dev got home, as a married couple, later that night to find everyone already sleeping. Mrs Jones had already left to Shivani's order.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Dixit." He teased her.

"Dev please. You will never address me as Mrs. Dixit, and Shivani , Sia, Sanju, Mrs Jones, or Aarti will never come to know about this."

"That's impossible Sonakshi." They started up the stairs when he felt Sonakshi tug on his sleeve. When he looked at her she looked pale and she was loosing her balance. "Are you ok?"

She got a step closer to him and tugged at his shirt again. "Dev, I think I'm going to faint again."

"Don't you dare." He made her stand up straight when she fell into him again. "Sonakshi." He shook her, and found her eyes closing. "Don't faint again, please." He picked her up and took her to her room.

When she was laid on the bed again he quickly opened the windows and sat down beside her again. "I think we need to take you to the doctor tomorrow, in fact I think I should take you into emergency right now."

"No." She held his hand and tried to sit up, with his help. "I'm fine Dev, really."

"You are not fine. This is the second time your fainting this week. That's terrible. Do you want something to drink?"

"No." Her head fell against his chest and her eyes closed.

"Sonakshi." He shook her and when she didn't wake up he laid her down and pulled the blanket over her.

When Sonakshi came back hours later, she felt something cool on her head. She lifted her hand to it and realized it was a wet cloth. Her eyes opened and met with soft lights in the room and then shifted to Dev who was sitting and sleeping beside her. She took the cloth off her head and placed it back in the bowl with the water and sat up.

"Dev." She touched his cheek to realize her heart was pounding within her chest. She took her hand to his shoulder and shook him. "Dev."

Startled, he quickly opened his eyes and looked at Sonakshi, then let out a long sigh. "Are you ok?" He touched her forehead. "You scared me to death, why do you keep fainting, Sonakshi?"

She couldn't help but laugh at him. "It's not in my hands to keep myself from fainting. And, I'm fine now."

"We're going to the doctor first thing for tomorrow."

She looked at him and the concern in his eyes, then chewed her lower lip. "No one has worried for me this much in the past so many years. I've always found myself worrying about everyone. But not once in return someone has sat down and asked me how I was." She smiled at him as she held his hand in hers. "Thank you."

He smiled at her and laid her back down, "I'm worried because if you fall sick who will take care of my girls?" He smiled and winked.

She frowned looking at him. He was right there, running his hands thought her hair, worried. "And I thought it was I who you were worried about."

"I am worried about you, but for my own selfish reasons. Now go to sleep."

"Dev." He looked back at her. "Are we really married?"

"You can think the way you want to Sonakshi. Legally we are really married, emotionally we aren't. It's up to you to decide which is more important. If the news is leaked then yes we are married and we will have to behave like it for them. I won't force you for anything Sonakshi. And then, it's only the matter of a few weeks, as soon as mom is fine we'll get a divorce on mutual consents and then you can leave."