The issue with Yusuke

Haydie's POV:

Urgh... fuck the alarm clock already. I angrily shut off my alarm and throw my pillow away. I.Am.Tired.As.Hell! It took me years to finally fall asleep since Takashi's upcoming appearance in my house kept me busy and I wasn't able to stop thinking. Hopefully I won't fall asleep during class... but get your shit together! Why am I even so nervous about Takashi coming over? We know each for so long already, why should I worry about anything? I shake my head. Let's get going...

I do my usual morning ritual and leave the house. However, this time I go the opposite way in hope I will catch Yusuke. I need to ask him about yesterday! Doesn't matter if I'm going to arrive at school late, I'm tired anyway. With this thought, I go to Yusuke's house. Thanks god it's near.  After 3 or 4 minutes, I stand in front of his house, waiting impatiently until an unknown woman opens the door.

"Excuse me, can I help you, young lady?"

"I-I'm waiting for Yusuke. Do you know him?"

"I'm his grandma. He went to school about 20 minutes ago."

"Oh, hello Yusuke's grandma. I'm Haydie, a friend of him, but why did he went to school this early?"

"My name is Sumashi, nice to meet you. He said he needs some quiet time for himself and the earlier he goes, the quieter it is. At least this is what he said."

"Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me. I'll try to catch up to him then."

Sumashi smiles happily at me and sees me off. His grandma seems nice, I like her already. But why on earth... what is wrong with Yusuke? He makes me worried! Yusuke is always so cheerful and talks a lot, so what's happening all of the sudden?

Worrying about Yusuke, I pick up at pace and go to school. However, when he already went to school about 20 minutes ago, he definitely arrived by now. Feeling down and discouraged, I slow down and check my phone. Should I text him? Or should I run so we have a bit time to talk before class starts? I think for a bit and come to the conclusion that running will probably be the better option and with that, I take my feet in the hands and run a marathon.

Exhausted as fuck, I finally arrive after 5 minutes. Why did I do this... I gasp for air as I go upstairs. I swear, if he isn't in the class room-

"Hi, Haydie! What's up?" 

I hear a familiar voice behind me and turn around: It's Yoshiatsu.

"Oh, hi buddy, everything's gucci. What about you?"

"Same here. Why so early today?"

"I wanted to talk to Yusuke."

"He is outside."

"Huh?"

"On the bench near the field."

"Thank you!" I say hesitantely and run down the stairs again. I am outside real quick and search for Yusuke. 

"There you are!" I shout and run towards Yusuke who seems surprised and stands up.

"Ha-haydie? Is something the matter?"

Gasping for air once more, I stand with my hands on my knees. 

"I... I wanted... to talk to you."

Still looking surprised, Yusuke grabs my shoulders and sits me down on the bench with him.

As soon as I can breath normally, I start talking.

"Em, about yesterday. Did something happen between you and Takashi?"

"What do you mean?"

"He looked angrily at you when you reached out your hand to me."

"Oh...yeah"