The firework festival

Ding dong

Seriously, who is ringing while I'm sleeping... rubbing my eyes, I go to the door and open it.

"Tomo?"

"Hey, how are you?"

"Can't you see my sweat?"

"Sorry."

"Come in."

Tomo does as I say and we go to the living room.

"By they way, everybody knows about you two by now."

"What?!"

"Yes, and Takashi also told me you startled him. He is totally unsure about how you feel about him."

"I'm unsure myself."

"Seriously?"

Tomo looks strangely at me. What is his problem?

"Ehm, just saying... I know you can't think straight at the moment too, but at least tell Takashi that you still don't know because after this morning, he obvisiously had hopes until you went home in a cold manner."

"You know everything, huh?"

Tomo nods. Sigh...

"So... any more advice?"

"Go on a date."

"So straight forward..."

"But I mean it. We soon have the last firework festival. Go there. Together."

"Hm... I'll think about it."

"Oh and Yusuke will visit you later and give you his notices. As for Yoshiatsu... he wants to visit you but he also doesn't want to... don't know, he is even more strange lately. Maybe the heat."

"Hahaha, probably."

Tomo and I continue to talk and as soon as Yusuke arrives, Tomo leaves. I spend most of the day with Yusuke and towards the end of the day, I feel better. Seems like my fever is way more light than Takashi's was. I will try going to school tomorrow.

Time skip

In school

I enter the class room and Takashi is already there. Finally a normal school day again!

"Haydie! Are you even feeling good enough yet?!"

"Don't worry, Takashi. It was just a minor fever, I'm all fine now."

"I'm relieved..."

Takashi shows me a warm smile but after that we stay quiet. What an awkward atmosphere... seems like the school day won't be that normal with the issue between us going on. Looking a bit sad, I pay attention to the classes and the school remains boring for the whole day. The only good thing was Tomo asking all of us if we want to go the firework festival next Saturday night and everyone agreed, luckily.

The next couple of days pass by in a rush but stay lame. Nothing happened. Maybe it's good that way, because I was able to think about my feelings for Takashi. However, I'm still unsure. Someone help me please... I think I have feelings for him but if it doesn't work out, I will lose all my friends since they are a band and with that their bond is stronger. Ok, I could still be friends with them of course, but it would be difficult meeting and stuff. What a dilemma... I hate it.

SATURDAY

I make myself ready by styling my hair, using a bit of makeup and wearing a Yukata. The last firework festival... this also means that summer will end soon, although it is still hot.

Looking confident into the mirror, I hear someone ringing. Probably Yusuke . He will go with me to the festival. I take my phone and some money and leave the house.

"Yusuke, your Yukata looks really good and suiting!"

"Thanks, but your's too!"

We laugh joyfully and talk about this summer. How nostalgic. Plus, this was my bussiest summer ever with school and meeting my friends but it was worth it.

We take the subway and arrive in around 20 minutes. We meet Takashi, Tomo and Yoshiatsu at the entrance of the festival and look through the market which sells sweets, fish and lots of other stuff.

We are all in a good mood and talk a lot. However, I can see Tomo whispering something to Yoshiatsu and Yusuke and not long after that, they say that they wan't to see something together, leaving Takashi and me alone. Seriously Tomo, so obvisious... smiling a bit because of Tomo, Takashi comes up to me.

"Do you want to have some strawberries within chocolate?"

"Oh, sure! I love these!"

We buy some at the next small market and sit down on a bench.

"Damn, they are so delicious...didn't had them for months!"

Takashi smiles brightly to my comment but stays quiet for most of the time. After we finish eating, we continue looking through the big market. It is already dark and only the lights are leading the way. The firework must start soon then. We search for a good place to see the firework and find one near a big tree. Other people are already gathering here as well. Only one minute after we arrive, the firework starts.

"So beautiful...," I accidentaly say out loud but I don't care, I'm totally captured at the sight.

"Just like you."

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

Takashi waves it off. What did he say? Shrugging my shoulders, I watch the firework coming to its end. After that, we go all the way back to the entrace but not without me buying some more sweets before. We stand at another little market and I try some sweet apples. So damn delicious...

Only paying attention to the apple, I startle at Takashi suddenly touching my cheek and looking deep into my eyes. We stay like this for some seconds.

"S-sorry..."

This was the same like last time when we went to a firework festival! Does it mean... he already had feelings for me back then?!

"Takashi, do you..."

"Really, sorry. I should control myself better."

I wanted to say something back but just when I see the other three of us coming back. What a timing, guys...

Disappointed, I go back home with them. Neither Takashi nor I say a word on the way back home and everybody clearly feels the atmosphere. Man... just because I don't get my shit together.

The day ends in a bad mood for me and I go to bed fast, struggling with falling asleep once again.