Confession

ONE WEEK LATER

Finally weekend... this week was totally uncomfortable the whole time. Since the festival, everything with my friends is awkward, especially with Takashi. Tomo tried to help us, but we are just too shy.

I stay up from my bed and check my phone. A message from Takashi?

"Good morning, Haydie. I hope you have a good weekend. See you Monday."

Hm... what a message. Out of nowhere and just plain but it somehow makes me feel something unusual and I sense a hidden smile on my face. Wha-what is wrong with me? I suddenly feel my heart too. Is it pumping fast? I rarely feel my heart because it's calm for the most time, but I suddenly feel something unusual. What is happening to me...

Suddenly, I hear a knocking on my door and my mother comes in who sees me being in a shocked state.

"Darling, what's the matter? Why are you grabbing your heart?"

"I feel something..."

"Huh?"

I tell my mother what I think was the origin and tell her about my current relationship with Takashi.

"Oh, is my kid finally in love?! Go call him!"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I can't..."

I tell her how stupid I was and what happened the last three weeks.

"How about you just tell him your feelings the next time you see him?"

"But I'm unsu-"

"No, you aren't. You are just shy."

How plunt. I give up. My mother asks me if we should spend some time in the city today and Iagree. The next day I stay home and learn for school. The exams will start next week... shit.

Time skip

Ugh... 10pm, I should go to bed now. I put on my pyjama and lay down in my bed, trying to fall asleep but the thought that I will tell Takashi my feelings tomorrow keeps my awake. Man, can't I even get enough sleep before I confess... I evenknow that it should go well, so why can't I stay calm?! The night passes with me only being able to think about Takashi and my growinganxiety. How will I survive confessing... and how should I even doit?! At school?! How unfitable...

I wake up to my alarm clock. How unnecessary, I didn't even need it since I was awake the whole night. Fuck my life, how will I not only survive confession but 9 hours school as well...

I make my morning ritual and meet Yusuke who was waiting for me outside. After some minutes, I finally get my courage and tell Yusuke about my plan.

"By the way... I'm going to confess."

"Oh, are you lesbian?"

"What?"

"Just kidding, haha. I know what youmeant."

"Jesus..."

"It will go well, believe me. Heloves you for months already and everyone encourages him. All of uscheer for you two."

"Thank you, this really gives mesafety knowing this."

We continue talking a bit about howsweet Takashi would react and cute stuff like this. This was oursweetest dialogue we ever had for sure.

We arrive quickly at our school butdecide to sit down on a bench outside since we still have someminutes left. We see Tomo and Yoshiatsu arriving and talk for a bit.When Takashi arrives as well, everyone suddenly leaves me alone.

"Good luck! You can do it!"

"Thanks, Yusuke."

"Don't fuck it up."

"Oh, thank you, Tomo..."

"Just be yourself, he loves youanyway."

"You and Tomo are really not thekindest ones."

All of us laugh together and Takashiarrives.

"Haydie has something to tell you."

Tomo winks at Takashi while I glare athim with an open mouth. You son of a - ! Everybody then leaves andTakashi sits down next to me.

"So?"

Gulp. This is so sudden!

"Sorry, did Tomo just joked aroundagain? We should go to class then."

"No, no...," I grab his arm whilehe is about to stand up.

"Please... just give me a minute."

"But we will be late."

"One more time being late doesn'tchange anything anyway."

He shruggs his shoulders and sits downagain. Why is he so distant suddenly... this doesn't encourage me atall. Instead, it makes me even insecure now. A minute passes by withonly silence, none of us talks.

"Can we please go n-"

"No. Takashi. Listen. I know I'mstupid but I finally realize that my feelings for you are true. Iwant to be your girlf-"

I get interrupted by Takashi hugging metightly. Does this mean...? I want to clarify my thoughts by lookinghim into the eyes, but as soon as I try to end the hug, he kisses mepassionately and I close my eyes. It feels so good.

"You can't imagine how long I waited,Haydie. I love you."

"I love you too, Takashi."

I smile brightly and we kiss again,this time longer. Minutes pass by like this only kissing, hugging andsmiling. What a lovely moment. We totally forget about the time whenthe hausmeister suddenly appears and asks us if we don't have school.We run to our class room and get a predict from our teacher forcoming late again.

However, it doesn't bother us at all.Instead, we watch the happy faces of our 3 friends who seem to noticethat we are officially a pair now. It's a good thing to have cleverfriends, hehe.

Takashi and I don't really payattention to the classes today and rather flirt all the time. It's amiracle the teachers didn't spotted us, although every other studentdid. After the first lessons ended, the break finally starts and wehead to our usual spot: the roof.

"Guys, we get you are a pair now, butplease calm down."

"Yoshiatsu, let them be. Can heimagine how hard it was to get them to finally do something?"

Everyone laughs at Tomo's statement. Itfeels so nice being in Takashi's arms. I sit in between his legswhile he embraces me from behind. Eating is a bit difficult in thissituation but who cares.

We spend the whole break talking and laughing along with everyone and go to the next class with a good mood. This is my best school day for sure, I'm so happy!