Old Demons and Future Devils

9:30 a.m - September 3, 2012 - The Berghof (Living Room)

"Ah, it's one of those days again."

"Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday, Dear Brauun~ Happy Birthday to You!~"  Dietlind sang while Hans carefully carried a birthday cake.

He placed the cake slowly on the table, fire still alight. "Okay son, make a wish!"

I closed his eyes for a brief moment and blew the candles out afterwards. I jogged  towards them then hugged them all together.

"I love you guys, so much! Thank you for everything!" Suddenly I felt their embrace as they hugged me back.

"We love you too, Braun." My mom replied,

"Yeah, what she said -"

*RING-RING     *RING-RING     *RING-RING

"Uh oh, gotta go to work now, Boss will kill me if I come late again. (kisses Dietlind) Love you, girl buddy. (Fumbles my hair) Happy Birthday, Braun. We'll celebrate later once I'm back, okay?"
G
"Don't worry, Dad, you can take your time there. I can understand it's for us. That cake and the hug was enough for me." I replied.

"Aw~, you have grown to be thoughtful like your father." She turned to Dad with a smile, "Good luck out there, dude partner." Me and Mom giggled while he rolled his eyes then left the house, riding a classic Mercedes-Benz.

" Me and Mom giggled while he rolled his eyes then left the house, riding a classic Mercedes-Benz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be frank with you, I felt happiness within the mansion. Everything I have is here with me; entertainment, provisions, and guidance from my family. But as I grow up, some days I started to wonder who I really am. Sure you might call it "identity crisis", yet this wasn't the case. It feels like I wasn't looking the bigger picture, how Mom and Dad managed to be nice and encouraging all the time, even after Dad's work, he was there like nothing bad has happened. Though this is, well was, my 11th birthday, so I let my mind to calm down and go around the house for a bit.