Chapter nine

"Harry, stop! Please don't." I try to grab the phone

"No, Dakota. Nobody is gonna talk to you like that!" He raises his voice.

"Harry, please." I'm begging at this point. He can see the hurt in my eyes. I can't hide it. It was silent for a while. I hear a beep on the phone, I look up really fast. He really sent it after I begged like a dog?

"Harry, I begged you not too." He's reading it and next, he's dialing the number. Oh my gosh. What have I done?!

"Hello? Brady? I'm not trying to start any trouble. But I would really fucking appreciate if you didn't call my girlfriend those bad names and tell her the things you told her!" The volume in his voice is starting to rise. He called me his girlfriend?

I can hear Brady freaking out on him.

"Okay, thank you Brady. Bye now" he hangs the phone up in the mid sentence of Brady talking.

"That was stupid Harry. I'm your girlfriend now?" My cheeks are red

"No, I was saying that so he would freak out more. We are just friends." This crushed me.

It's late now. I just want too sleep. I have so much to do now, I need to go job hunting so I can get off of people's couches and save up and get my own place.

I fall asleep and have a dream that woke me up at 12 in the afternoon, my dream.. It was my dad. I miss my dad so much. I don't understand why.. I get up and go to the bathroom.

After I go to the bathroom I go to try to find Harry. I can't seem to find him.. I go into the kitchen and I see a note. Dakota I went out to go get coffee and muffins, be back soon. Harry

Why would Harry wake up at the crack of dawn to get muffins. We were up all night. Oh well.

10 minutes later, Harry's back!

"I got you a peppermint mocha from Starbucks. Is that okay? I hope so. And I got chocolate and blueberry muffins." He smiles as he puts his keys down

"Yeah, that's perfect Harry. Thank you. I need to go job hunting today, so I won't be back till later, is that okay?"

"Do you want me to come with you Dakota?" He's so sweet.

"No, I'm okay. Thank you. I'll pick something up from Safeway for dinner. On me. " I mean seriously it's the least I could do.

I got dressed and went job hunting for hours. I couldn't wait too go to Safeway and get dinner.

I walk in Safeway and grab stuff for salad and lasagna. Instead, I find myself standing in front of Rebecca and the boy who broke my heart and who Harry yelled at last night.