analogies

Depression feels like you're drowning while every one else is breathing.

Depression is like being frozen in time while everyone is moving. It's feeling unable to do anything, go anywhere, be who you want to be.

It's like you're a puzzle with a missing piece. 

Depression feels like there's these heavy, non-existent chains clinging on to your heart or chest. No matter how you tried, the chains cannot be removed. The chains are made up of negative thoughts and feelings. Every time something bad happens, no matter how small that problem is, the chains get heavier and heavier.

 It is Just like being stuck inside a sand clock.The only thing that you can do is wait until the sand cover and suffocate you slowly, and you can't do anything about It.

I can push it away with funny videos like sunshine can break through the cloud, but once it's gone, suddenly I'm just flooded with the feelings of hopelessness, loneliness, sadness, and feelings of suicide. The rain just keeps pouring until that sunshine manages to break through again.

Imagine there's a knife in your chest, right in the middle of your rib cage. Sometimes it's a dull ache, and sometimes you can find a distraction. Sometimes you'll be ok for weeks on end, but the moment you're alone, or the moment something goes even a little bit wrong, it just HURTS and HURTS and HURTS and HURTS and HURTS. You go to doctor after doctor but they just wrap bandages around the knife, leave it in there, and say, "Ok, you're done!" or worse, they laugh. "What knife? You're perfectly fine!" But it's still there and it HURTS. Sometimes it all gets too much and you feel like SCREAMING. You yell, "IT HURTS, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!" You curl up on the ground and you cry until the tears won't come anymore, and then you wish you could cry some more, because it's a distraction from the pain in your chest. 

Not because you want to live, not really, but because you can't bear to imagine how hurt your parents will be, how hurt your friends will be. Instead you wish you'd never been born. Because there's a knife in your chest, and pulling it out will kill you.

Imagine having no nerves. Everything that a normal person can feel, you can't feel. When they touch you, or you get hurt, you don't feel anything. You could even break a leg, but you don't feel anything. No matter what you try. You may intentionally hurt yourself, and you might expect to feel the pain from it, but you don't. 

It just feels tiring. It feels like, no matter how long you sleep, your always tired.

i didnt write most of these by the way