Chapter Nine

For George Stronghold everything was handed to him. Passed down from the generation before him as they were a well respected family around town. Everyone knew the family as a whole. Being humble and kind as they were good church goers and down to earth in every single way possible.

George knows how to be a proper gentleman because of his father and his nature for love was passed down from his mother. It ain't hard to forget a great, white toothy smile like his own. But in hard times like the family is having even George can't put himself together.

Behind closed doors where no one else is around other than himself and his family their perfect picture suddenly turns upside down without it's edges to support it. Reece knew most of the skeltons in the closet by this point and he won't hesitate to tell everyone one of their deepest darkest secret because of it. As hard as it might seem it could't be worse than having a whole reason dedicated to all of their secrets that Reece knew.

"The perfect charm and awestruck looks is what makes George and his family get everything they could possibly want. Indeed he is a well respectful man, but every man has a family member that takes away the charm."

Summer

The seasons changed and everyone around George was changing as his football camp is at the end. He and his soon to be team mates were excited to start the new season. There were new comers like Reece Collins, that he knew of.

He loved the sport more than anyone on the team. He dedicated his whole life to it for so long. He wanted it to be his life after high school. He wanted it to be a career. The whole nine yards.

During the football camp, George would hangout with his team mates like they were his brothers. On some levels they were.

But on other levels they weren't.

'Stand By me' played through the now full locker room as everyone danced around and lip sang, gaining a laugh from George and Reece.

Reece. He was broad. Broader than George. He admired Reece in a brother kind of way. They never really got close this summer but hopefully that will change when the season starts.

It was time for the team captain and co-captain to be announced. It was obvious that Reece was going to be it. He was charming, outgoing, and an outstanding quarter back. George wishes he could be as good as him.

Who knows maybe one day they both will be on separate teams in the NFL and go against each other. Reece would probably go easy as George and him did have a connection. A connection of friendship though they both never knew and never came on about with telling each other that.

He was the captain. Reece Collins and George Stronghold will be the captain and co-captain as not just because they are the quarter backs but they showed agility for the sport and showed love to the other players.

Although Reece was shy he wasn't ever shy when it came down to the sport he loved. And George admired that.

After the captains were announced everyone got out of the locker room celebrating the start of a new season.

Reece stook around and he was about to go to the coach's office when he saw George was there too. He was doing something with his arm.

Reece walked to the bench, "come on Stronghold we all gotta get home. I am starting that new job I told you about."

"Macy's?" George asked and Reece nodded, "sweet."

Reece furrowed his eyebrows, "what is that? That you just put inside your arm?"