Chapter 7- Sunset

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 7- Sunset

"When she was just a girl, she expected the world. But it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep."- Coldplay

I didn't know if pink was a good or a bad thing, but I knew a plus sign was a positive way of saying pregnant. Don't worry, I even checked the box. A pink plus sign meant pregnant. The news were shocking, but I guess, a part of me, the same part that wanted me to take the test, knew it all along. I was falling down a spiral staircase, or down the same bunny hole as Alice in Wonderland. My head no longer attached to my body. A temporary blank on my mind as I stared at the wall in front of me.

It was then that I realized that my life would never be the same any longer. I, Paisley Devoncourt, no longer a virgin like my mother thought. The little pink sign brought me to tears of shock. I couldn't wrap my head around the thought I've been avoiding.

I'm pregnant.

I'm pregnant with a child whose father I barely know. I'm pregnant at the age of seventeen. I'm pregnant and I'm not married, I have no job, no college experience, no career or diploma. I'm pregnant and I'm scared. My life, my plan, my future, gone.

The water from the shower still ran. I shut it off, sitting on the toilet for a moment staring at the plastic stick in my hands. I couldn't just throw it in the garbage now and have the chance of my mom finding out.

I looked through my things, looking for a spot in the cabinet I could hide it. The box of tooth paste that I moved to the side gave me another great idea. I emptied the box, putting the large tube of tooth paste on the counter and using the empty toothpaste box as a decoy. I close the box, looking at how perfect the idea was and how it fit.

I threw the tooth paste box on the way back of the cabinet draw even though everyone would just think its toothpaste. As for the test box and extra Spanish pregnancy test, well, I have to get rid of that somehow. I shoved it in my bag without a thought, standing up and looking at myself in the mirror. I splash some cold water on my face a couple of times, trying to cope with everything right now.

After I dried my face with a towel I opened the door and walked straight down the stairs. Even with my mother calling me I ran out the door to my car, trying to escape my thoughts and problems behind me.

=====

I needed to be alone. After everything that has occur today I can't begin to accept what happened; what is happening. I'm too scared to tell anyone at the moment. I didn't know what my friends would think of me now. What my mom would do or say. How would she react? How would my dad handle it? Most importantly, what the hell was I going to about the fact that the father of my child is JC Ace? How would I begin to even tell him? What book or informational video could I turn to? What scripture tells me how to handle this?! None. Nowhere. No website. No book.

I stared at the view ahead at me for the longest moments, not appreciating what was in front of me. I became too engulfed in my situation. How many weeks has it been? Four? Five? Maybe I need to run another test. Maybe even a professional one. What if my mom finds out? I don't want her to freak out over nothing if there is nothing. That test has to be a false positive.

Dammit Paisley! Stop thinking so naive. No condom plus no birth control equal sperm meets egg which simplifies into baby!

"What's going on?" A stranger asked sitting right next to me with a sigh. How long has he been here? The nerve he has after everything-!