Chapter 25- Prove A Point

Whoa Baby

Chapter 25- Prove A Point

"Some people can't believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first."- Good Will Hunting

*WARNING! Mild dirty language.*

It's a normal day for Paisley, Alice, Emma and Miles. Time on the beach together, tanning their skin and pruning their fingers. It'd be boring to tell their story. What's more interesting is what is going in the Pier House today. More importantly, what's going on with the Ace's? If we go upstairs and open the second door on the left, the dark room belonged to JC. Temporarily of course. He isn't alone. Who he's with is not important.

The nameless blonde is naked in the bed, white sheets wrapped around her torso. JC laying on the opposite side, the white sheet only covering his a small part of his back and down. You could see his defined back muscles, and visible black inked tattoo on his inner left forearm. It was a medium sized, permanent and symbolic piece of art. A sun, but not just a normal sun that third graders draw with a circle and differently sized lines. It's more thought out, detailed, tough, and tribal. The other tattoos you could faintly see are thin, black ink, and meaningful. It was a symbol, some kind of design, almost hieroglyphic looking; etched forever on his left wrist.

It said a lot more than the colorful tramp stamp the blond has on her lower back.

Its midday and I know what you're thinking. What could possibly be so interesting happening in this household when a bunch of hung over teenagers are sleeping? Well, not every person sleeps in until the afternoon and when is the best time for Carrie Ace to call her son?

The phone vibrated and rang on the bedside table. No one made any effort to answer it. The call barely woke them up. The phone went silent, but soon after Carrie called back again. This time JC seemed more awake. Disgruntled, but conscience enough to realize his phone was ringing and he should pick it up.

"Hello?" He mumbles into the phone, laying his face first in the pillow as he kept the phone to his ear.

"JC? Are you just waking up?" Carrie says, sounding shocked. She out right now, buying more paints at the local craft store they have in town.

"Mhm." He hums into the phone.

"Well, nice to see that all that money spent for that beach house is being used wisely. I was thinking you'd be swimming in the ocean, or running around on the sand, maybe even having a BBQ since it is noon." She says, a bit sarcastically.

"Mhm." JC responds back, it's muffled due to the pillow, but Carrie can faintly hear it.

She sighs, it's one of those moving on deep breaths, "I was going to ask you how you've been and how Paisley is doing, but it seems like you're in no mood to speak."

He takes a moment, mentally rolling his eyes as his mother's mentions the not too fond name, "Mhm." JC answers back eventually. Usually he isn't so mute with his mother.

"I haven't seen her since the baby shower. I was thinking that maybe the two of you have talked since then. I'm sure there's a lot of plans and decisions you two have to make together-"

"Not going to happen." JC mutters softly, as he rolls on his back, his eyes still closed, tucking an arm behind his head.

"What do you mean by that JC?" Carrie asks worriedly, stopping in her tracks to focus on what her son would say next.