Chapter 10

A/N at the end.

It's finally Friday. Most people would be super excited for the weekends and parties and whatnot, but not me. It's just a weekend of extra beatings and staying home alone with my brother when my dad is off to work.

I head downstairs after getting ready and make them their breakfast. Same every day, scrambled eggs and bacon with orange juice. I don't get how they can eat the same thing every day but whatever. I hear them coming down the stairs and they sit at the table and begin to eat. I start leaving but they stop me.

"Me and Anthony are going to my friends' cabin by the lake to go fishing for the weekend, and you are going to stay here. We don't want you to ruin our trip. So we are heading there this morning and won't be home until Sunday evening." My dad says. Am I gonna be alone? With no one? This is the best thing ever! I hide my excitement with a blank face and nod.

"Okay," I say putting my head down.

"Now get to school!" My dad yells. He doesn't have to tell me twice. I run out the door and start my walk to school and feel better today. I feel happy? All weekend no stress, no brother, no father, and no beatings. I get to be by myself and relax.

I don't even know what I will do. I'm surprised they are letting me even stay by myself. It makes me wonder. Why?

That doesn't matter right now. I enter the school and head to my locker. I grab my stuff for class and turn around to head for class.

Suddenly I'm pushed into the lockers and I keep myself from falling. I groan a little in pain and look up seeing Makenna. Can't I just have one day?

"I heard you have been spending some time with Xander. He's mine bitch! He would never like someone as ugly and pathetically worthless as you!" I look around and see a circle starting to form around us.

"I-I don't l-like him," I tell her honestly, keeping my back pressed against the locker and hoping it will swallow me up. I see more people starting to gather the circle. 

Why do people find this so entertaining? The pain of others? It sickens me to no end.

"God Makenna, when are you gonna get it through your thick skull that Xander will never like you?" Some guy says. I look over at him in confusion. Is he defending me?

I look up and see 2 guys standing directly behind Makenna. One is tall with black hair, brown eyes and is kinda bulky and the other the one is short with blond hair, blue eyes and is skinny. She turns around and glares at them.

"He does like me, I'm the hottest one in this school!" She screeches in a high pitched voice making me wince slightly.

"Yeah, suuure. If he likes you so much, then where is he? Wouldn't he be here with you?" The smaller guy says. 

"I-I, U-uh-" She stammers. I laugh slightly and Makenna turns around looking me dead in the eye with a hard glare.

"You BITCH." She shrieks and raises her hand to slap me. I close my eyes and cower waiting for the impact, but it never comes.

I open my eyes to see the taller guy holding her arm.

"I think for your sakes and mine, you should leave before this gets any more out of hand." He says with a threatening voice that would scare anyone. I feel slightly scared and he's not even talking to me! She cowers and starts to run away but turns back.

"You're gonna regret this you bitch." She says sending me one last glare before turning and walking away.

"Yeah, yeah, keep walking away, you little brat." The shorter guy says. The crowd starts to disperse and I look back at them.