Ash. Guns.

"Sorry.     I am.      I am not to speak in that manner, it is unbecoming. It is rude..."       Clark's face had an odd expression. She never apologised for anything or to anyone (There was Briar.   But, that was different)      Within the mansion, she was law.....The rule to be followed (Never questioned)        Benton stood by her side.....All the servants always listened.

Half of them were young adults, and a few were children.          (Bell and Geer had been her favourites, even though she held no one in any special regard)

It had been the way once upon time.     If your family needed money, and you were tall enough.....Your parents presented you to grand homes, for work.      A few of those "calls" had come to the mansion. Thorough checks had been conducted (Most checked out) But, Clark had collected most of her staff from workhouses (She paid with silver coins)

Bell wouldn't look her in the eye.  And, didn't speak. Initially Clark felt that was "respectful" of her, but the condition she was in - Said other things. Clark knew that treatment well (It had been done to her - But, she's fought back. But, the innocent are different.  No person deserves that care. Definitely not a child) Clark cleaned Bell up, gave her light duties, partnered her with another girl (Clark ate super with her each night, in the beginning) Bell, in time - gained weight, and would offer her a word or two.

Clark was pleased Bell wasn't damaged upstairs. Bell in time had a pleasant look about her. The young woman finally felt safe.

Geer had to be locked in his room...Till he stopped running away.     Benton was the one, to tell Clark...."Just smile, ask them to help.    The small ones love to think their being helpful.." Benton hated to see distress (It is not conductive, Clark had to agree with him there)...Bell eventually stopped crying every time Clark looked in her direction.     Geer, offered to stay (Only because Benton told great dark tales!)

Briar would daily informed her two most senior staff members...."They need someone to look up too!    And that is me!.."        (Clark quietly shook her head, when Briar wasn't looking at her) But...Briar was the one to decide, who stayed within her walls.

Clark made them all an army.   A tight strong group.    She showed them all how to use a knife and aim a gun.     

(Her people had done that for her)

Stella held up her hand a little...."Clark, we understand.     Way too much has happened, has been happening.    Your under stress.   We all are.   The dead can be "restless" at the best of times.  That's how all good ghost tales get started.  But, seriously..."       Stella paused a minute.

"Let's be chill a minute.   Keep lines of communication still open....And..."         Stella and Clark looked down at the floor.     EB was on her knees, looking up at Clark (Small tears were leaking from her dark eyes.

"...i...can't ruin this.    but....i can't stop what's in.....meee..."           EB wiped her eyes, had sunk to the floor.     Something dark was inside her (She had goodness, but she had the dark arts too)       Stella and Clark bent down....Clark saw a vulnerability, Stella just wanted to hug and comfort the odd young woman.    EB was pulled off the floor.       Ethan had been stationed beside me.....He was alert and watching everything intently.

Focus stronger than he had ever felt in a long while.    He knew where EB was shooting from, but he was also experiencing a strange detachment.    EB had moved the "Dead-boy-walking" problem.   He was now feeling "Contract-killer-for-hire".       But, a place in his chest....Was aching (Don't stay like this forever. Make the girl you like, fix you!)