It Begins.

We found an empty room. Ethan stood silent for a moment. My hands were shaking a little, but I had a fire in my veins. A part of me wanted whatever going down, to just happen.

"You and I are going to do this together. The spirits might be able to achieve something. Clark and Benton.   They have the right idea. I'll give them that.." Ethan gave the stubble on his head a small scratch...Cleared his throat. Gave me an earnest look, then did a flicking motion with the knife in his hand that suddenly came from no way.    I was happy for him to have "weapons".

(Things, he could use to defend himself. That was only fair) I just wasn't completely sure, I really wanted him to be so skilled with them (To be able to use them, yes. But, to be cunningly skilled!)   I just needed a minute for it to sink in.

"Are you nervous? I'm a little. I'm also pissed at Madeline. My stomach's going up and down....I can't decide if I should be worried. Because of what I'm about to possibly do....Ooorrr just be angry with Maddy..." I gave a small tutting noise. Just thinking about my cousin made me annoyed. I would never say out loud she was plain stupid, but....My fear/worries.

And...Growing annoyance.

Were making me think, Madeline-you-idiot! But, how could I have stopped this? Ethan touched my arm, lightly wrapped a hand around my wrist....His other hand (Now, empty of the knife) cupped my cheek.

"Use whatever you feel. Let it grow....Just use it. When it all starts, only think of the goal. Don't pause..." Ethan's hand moved to my chin, light grip.

"I'll do the most. Don't look too closely. You can start....I'll cover your back. We stick together..."

I gripped his hand on my chin. Yes, Ethan. We will "stick" together. I will use you, you will work like the perfect gun in my hand.   Ethan's eye glinted.....For a full moment I saw what he could be.    In another life, he'd been evil, he'd been skilled.    But, what he was now...There was no guilt. If he wanted to wipe us all out (He'd just do it)     But. He'd be no match against the witch's of this mansion, or their magic in the end.

Ethan would fight till the end.  He was definitely very capable.

I placed both my hands to either side of his face...."My Ethan. My soulless Ethan.."       He gave me a stern death-like stare.

"We end this..."         Something went cold within me.   My sister witches were going to be no match for me.    A drawing was building, my true self wanted out.    No more fearing, second guessing my self.   I was a natural at heart, gran saw it (She encouraged me)     My spirit had needed to learn its way.    My adult self, had stepped on my pure self...And cruelly crushed it.

We checked all of Ethan's weapons, he made me promise I was under his control (I grinned at him. He was under mine!)     Ethan examined my hands, he had no idea what to check for (But, he sensed something vile within my finger tips)   Ethan held my fingers up to a light, like he was assessing a gun or the sharpness of a knife.

I looked at his hands over mine, into his face.   I would let him run wild....But, I would spill the blood.     Distant noises could be heard....Then, the one voice I had hoped would come later, had come now!      Ethan and I slowly turned (We were having a quiet moment, before we walked out to the hallways to begin)

"Iris!   We found them!    The house has been so "quiet".   We have the biggest culprits right here, right now!    Chrissy!    We have stopped the "trouble" before it's even began!.."    Ginger paused, grinned at her friends, then at us.