Chapter 2

Napasandal si Kelly sa dingding nang palapit na ng palapit si Valerie sa kanya. Napuno siya ng takot sa nakikitang lamig ng ekspresyon ng Queen.

“I’m sorry! Nagulat din naman ako nang kuhanin ni Rika sa akin ang bag ko at akuin niya ang lahat.” Pagpapaliwanag nito habang nanginginig ng kaunti.

“V, don’t get back at her. It’s all Rika’s fault anyway.” Ani Mycah.

Nilingon ni Valerie si Mycah. “You’re ordering me?” 

Napaatras si Mycah, “Ah.. uhm… no, sorry.” At yumuko.

Ibinalik ni Valerie ang atensyon sa takot na takot na si Kelly.

“So let’s say she took the cake. She still saved you. It’s amazing how ungrateful you are!”  

“I’ll… I’ll say ‘thank you’ to her then.”

“But V, why are you making this such a big deal? Rika’s already saved, thanks to me…” nagmamalaking singit ni Kim. Ito ang kumausap sa mga tauhan ng mall na pakawalan na si Rika. 

Valerie knew that she has to commend Kim for that. Para naman ganahan ito.

“That’s a good job, Kim. I know I can really count on you anytime.” Nginitian niya ito. “Come to my house this Sunday and join me for my weekly spa treatment.” 

Tuwang-tuwa naman si Kim sa narinig.

On the corner of Valerie’s eyes, she caught a glimpse of the jealous expression on Mycah’s face. 

“But V! I want to come to your house too.” Ani Mycah.

“Well, have you done anything useful yet?” 

Yumuko si Mycah. “What do you want me to do?” 

Valerie smiled. Nilingon niya si Kelly. “Give this new minion a make over. She looks like trash next to us.”

Nagulat si Kim. “So she’s in?” 

“Hmm… I could use another minion for the coming Summer Camp at our resort. And I’ll be very busy so… she would do for now. It’s temporary of course, let’s say she’s still under observation and you two…” she meant Mycah and Kim, “Will monitor her performance. My decision will rely on your reports.” She said. “And Rika will train her…”

To give Kim and Mycah the chance to decide over Kelly's fate… it would surely become a riot. 

This should entertain me. How they will compete with each other. 

Lihim na na-excite si Valerie.

“Where’s Rika again?” hanap ni Mycah.

“She’s poor so she has to report to the library for work. She’s got the school’s scholarship for that remember?” paalala ni Kim.

“Gah! It’s because V did her make-over that she doesn’t look like trash now and made me forget her status.” Ani Mycah.

“Just so you know… poor people are more persistent.” Ani Valerie at bumulong habang nasa tamang distansya pa si Kelly. “You can boss them around too you know. Now you have two lower minions. I give you the right to bully them.” 

Napangiti ang dalawa. 

Oh it’s such a fun teasing these idiots…

Natawa siya. 

This is like playing with moving dolls!

Binigay ni Valerie kay Kelly ang kanyang mga libro. “Carry this and walk me to my classes…”