the time out zone

All around Kennedy, battle exploded

Sparks of yellow and gold flew into the air as Tony flew towards Steve at impeccable speeds, aiming an inhumanly strong punch as Steve blocked it with his trusty shield. Meanwhile, Clint fired arrow after arrow at Vision, his fingers working the bow like magic as Vision skillfully dodged them in midair, James Rhodey flying after Sam Wilson in the background, the two firing explosives at each other. Not far off, Natasha was tossing Scott Lang around as if he weighed nothing, with Peter Parker jumping from car to car, leaping perilously in midair as Wanda projected them towards her.

"Kennedy Stark."

The thick Wakanda accent met Kennedy's ears from straight behind her and she recognized it instantly. Slowly but surely, Kennedy turned around, only to find that the Black Panther was stalking her in a fashion uncannily similar to that of a predator, his dark armor gleaming in the sunlight.

"Your highness," Kennedy gave him a curt nod in greeting, discreetly sliding into a battle stance as he prowled around her, her eyes trailing after him.

"You may be a child, the child of Tony Stark to be precise," began T'Challa, vibranium claws sprouting from his fingertips, catching the sunlight and glinting spectacularly as Kennedy eyed them wearily, "but if you dare to stand between me and vengeance for my father, I can assure that I will stop at nothing to achieve justice. I am warning you of this now, Stark."

"I think you are the one who needs to be warned, King. I don't play nice."

"So be it."

With those final ominous words, T'Challa launched himself at Kennedy. Leaping up into midair, his claws were outstretched as he aimed heavily for Kennedy but she managed to dart out of the way just in time, leaving the King of Wakanda to land firmly on the ground where she had just been merely tenths of a second ago. However, as he received nothing but dust from his initial attack, it became clear that T'Challa wasn't one to give up easily, pushing himself off from the ground and returning to fight Kennedy.

Swipe after swipe was exchanged as the two expert fighters tussled. Exchanging kicks for kicks, punches for punches, and swipes for swipes, both Kennedy and T'Challa were constantly expertly evading each other's attacks, looking as if they belonged on Olympic gymnastics team as they flipped out of each other's way. Finally, however, after narrowly avoiding a swift punch from T'Challa with a back handspring, Kennedy stumbled over a crack in the ground left over from Vision's attack and her stance faltered, only for a moment, but that moment was long enough for T'Challa to swipe at her arm, his claws sinking straight through her suit and into her skin.

"What did Steve say about you engaging in direct combat?"

Barreling straight into T'Challa and forcefully shoving him away from Kennedy with all of his might, Bucky sent the Black Panther tumbling backwards before he pushed Kennedy away slightly with his metal arm, causing her to stumble backwards, away from the fight as T'Challa resurged forwards, with new energy. As T'Challa jumped into the air to kick Bucky directly in the face, Bucky latched onto his foot, grabbing him and spinning around wildly, slowly building up speed before letting go completely, sending T'Challa flying backwards.