an invasive sauna

"I mean, technically he's Starks kid, making him your brother!"

     "Fridge, don't be stupid. Vision is so not Kennedy's brother. That's not even how that works, haven't you ever taken a health class before?"

     It was three o'clock in the afternoon, with school having just ended. Sitting around the kitchen of Avengers Tower were three teenagers; Kennedy, Darcy, and Fridge, each with a large ice cream sundae in front of them, ingredients scattered across the kitchen. As usual, Fridge and Darcy were having another argument, Fridge with chocolate fudge swiped across his left cheek as vanilla ice cream dribbled out from the corner of Darcy's lips and down her chin, that days current argument being whether Vision was or wasn't Kennedy's older brother.

     "That would be so weird," Kennedy piped up, frowning, her spoon swirling in her half melted sundae. "I don't think I could handle considering Vision my brother."

     "See?" Darcy smiled triumphantly, jabbing her spoon at Fridge. "Ken agrees!"

      "Maybe that just means you're both wrong," said Fridge around a spoonful of ice cream. "It wouldn't be the first time, you two are dumber than..."

     Kennedy stopped listening to the petty argument, her eyes glazing over slightly as she glanced around the kitchen dolefully. Unlike the previous day, most of the silverware and cutlery had been tucked away into neat little boxes which lined the floors and walls, cabinets hanging open, revealing for them to be completely bare. With the Avengers torn apart, Tony had wanted a completely fresh start, to reinvent what it meant to be an Avenger, and it all started with packing up everything and everyone from Avengers Tower and moving them all to a brand new facility in upstate New York, further away from everything.

     She may have only lived in the Tower for four years, but it had easily been Kennedy's favorite home out of all the ones she had ever lived in. Once it had been filled with the people she had considered family; Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Wanda Maximoff, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, the list went on and on, including former agents and other workers that operated within the working spaces of the Tower's. Life in the Tower was also what had given Kennedy her fresh start at Upper Manhattan Academy and while she did harbor a special hatred for the school, it had led her to meeting Fridge and Darcy, two people that had quickly become close friends of Kennedy and now, she wouldn't give them up for anything.

      Of course, moving upstate would change everything.

     "Hold up," said Darcy suddenly, pausing mid scoop of her ice cream as both Kennedy and Fridge turned to look at her. "Wasn't Thor's hammer what really gave Vision life? Like Frankenstein or something? Wouldn't that technically make him Thor's kid and not Mr. Stark's?"

     "So you admit it," Fridge grinned. "He is somebody's kid!"

     "No," said Darcy hastily. "That is not what I meant, I -- "