half a churro

His scream was high pitched and feminine as Peter whirled around, his hands darting out in front of him as he took on a more defensive position, completely and utterly terrified by the sudden question

His scream was high pitched and feminine as Peter whirled around, his hands darting out in front of him as he took on a more defensive position, completely and utterly terrified by the sudden question. Meanwhile, Kennedy, who had not seen Peter in a good two months ever since the Civil War incident, flipped smoothly off from the edge of the roof, clanging soundly on the rusted fire escape as she landed, bits or rust tumbling into the streets many stories below the two teenagers, giving Peter and his SpiderMan suit an unimpressed once over.

"You wanna stop screaming?" Kennedy asked.

"Oh -- oh my God," Kennedy was convinced Peter was hyperventilating beneath his mask as his spider lenses. "Kennedy Stark, what -- what're you doing here? How did you find me? Did your dad send you? He finally ungrounded you? Should I call Happy and tell him you're here, update my report? Should I -- ?"

"No," said Kennedy hastily, cutting Peter off. "Do not call Happy."

"Why not?" Asked Peter, frowning slightly.

"Because," said Kennedy loftily, not exactly wanting Peter to get the impression that she was borderline terrified of what Tony would do if he found out what she had done. "They -- er -- doesn't exactly know I'm here right now."

"Oh, man," Peter breathed out incredulously, realization dawning upon him. "You -- you snuck out!"

"Yeah," said Kennedy rather defensively, folding her arms across her chest as her mind raced for a separate topic for them to focus on. "Well -- it's a good thing I did. You left poor Leo completely stuck to his own car, the alarm still blaring, and Gary was going crazy while Marjorie looked like she needed an ambulance!"

"Mr. Stark is gonna be so mad when he finds out," continued Peter, not listening.

"He's not gonna find out," Kennedy informed him firmly, almost rudely as she fixated him with such a hard look that she was almost surprised when he didn't turn to stone. "Okay? I've been punished for way longer than I needed to be, I'm not getting in trouble again. My dad and Happy and are not going to find out that I snuck out, you hear me, web head?"

"You're Kennedy Stark!" Peter exclaimed loudly, practically flapping his hands in every direction. "There's no way he's not gonna find out -- there are cameras everywhere when you're around! Even if I didn't say anything, he -- "

"He's in India right now," a sinking feeling was growing in Kennedy as she realized Peter was right, that there was a much higher chance of her getting caught then she had originally assumed, a much higher chance than Fridge and Darcy had realized. "There isn't great wifi there. I'll just -- I'll just have to cover my tracks when he comes back. Have FRIDAY delete any evidence -- no, she'll hate me when she wakes back up.

"Wakes back up?" Echoed Peter in alarm. "Did you knock someone out?"

"What? No!" Said Kennedy, giving him an almost irritated glance as her nerves were running on a high point. "FRIDAY's the artificial intelligence system my dad invented, she's what was supposed to be making sure I stayed locked up but I kind of hacked into her and took her offline for Plan Weekend."