a punk in tights

two months later

two months later

"In other news, Kennedy Stark has been out of the public eye for quite some time now. Ever since the events which led up to Captain America becoming a wanted man, her father has been very public, however, his daughter has not. It is almost as if he is keeping her hidden. A couple weeks ago, a video of them arguing in the back of a restaurant did surface, but he quickly emerged to put it back under wraps. She also hasn't... "

"Kennedy, you know you should not be watching that."

Sitting at a large granite island in the middle of a modern kitchen was Kennedy Stark. A cereal bowl sat in front of her, rather untouched as the cereal soaked up the milk, a lone spoon sitting in it as she stared up at the TV mounted against the wall, which had been playing the news report. Lifting the remote up lazily, Kennedy turned it off just as soon as Vision entered the kitchen.

"Your father has made it quite clear that he does not wish for you to indulge in the opinions of TV personalities," continued Vision. "I rather agree with him, it is detrimental to your confidence and to your overall mental health."

Wearing an olive green sweater, a white prep shirt poked out from underneath the collar as Vision entered the kitchen. His red skin a thing of the past, now only used when fighting crime, Vision could usually be found in incredibly neat and preppy outfits with a sweater vest and khakis, his blonde hair slicked neatly back with gel. As Kennedy looked up at him, she poked at her cereal rather dejectedly, the fire in her from the Civil War long gone, also unfortunately a thing of the past.

"Dad's in India," muttered Kennedy. "I thought you would've taken his absence as an excuse to go visit Ms. Maximoff."

"Wanda is... occupied," said Vision, rather uncomfortably. "Law enforcement agents have been particularly aggressive with all of them as of late. We have come to terms of agreement and decided that now is not the best of times for me to visit."

"And whose fault is that?" Asked Kennedy grumpily. "Dad's."

"Your father did the right thing," Vision informed her. "Morally, it may not have seemed like the best option, however, when looking at it from a rational and logical perspective, it is clear that he was left with no other appropriate option. Yet I still would not expect you to understand that."

"Why?" Asked Kennedy, stabbing at her food with her spoon. "Because I'm some 'moody' teenager?"

"No," answers Vision simply. "Because you are far too emotionally attached to people on the opposing team and far too emotionally distant from those who fought on the right side. You carry unbridled anger aimed towards your father on your shoulders, it has led you to make many heated decisions in the moment and that has led to the consequences you now face, which has only strengthened your hatred for him."