Chapter Five

Jade's P.O.V

I am currently sitting in the car outside Manchester international airport waiting for my best friends twin brother. For the last year and a half he has been travelling about America talking to people about the struggles of depressing and traumatising past events. The last 2 years of high school my best friend was struggling in new Zealand doing a rehab programme trying to get over some life events that changed her so badly when we found her I didn't recognise her. I guess I should fill you in.....

Before Arizona met Gareth, he boyfriend of three years, she had a high school boyfriend. things were going well or at least that was what we thought. Ryan was the high schools bad boy who got whatever he wanted and he wanted Arizona. for the first 2 years things were going okay they were a cute couple, they were what every couple wanted to be. The last year was the worst, Ryan had fallen out of love with Arizona but didn't want to let her go, he used her as his sex toy for many months and everyone knew it for many months, including her.

He was the worst of the worst. Ryan made Az sleep with his mates as well as himself then call her a slut, he would also would point you skinny girls and tell her why couldn't she be like them. that really fucked her confidence, she stopped eating and eventually became anorexic and bulimic. he kept saying how perfect she was now she had lost all the weight. when she finally decided to break it off with him he got majorly pissed off, she went to his house to do it which was a major mistake. she went missing for 8 months he had kidnapped her. I remember the day we found her like yesterday...

start flashback

There is a whole army standing outside the Whiting's residence, neighbours, friends, family, the whole community, all except for Logan Whiting (az's father) he had walked away after 3 months of her going missing.

its been 8 months and the police had finally got a lead, they had asked everyone they could to help with the search of a local area, we were split down into teams, I was with Beth, Anthony, Brandon, Mr Rose the physics teacher and Mrs Black whom was Ryans mum. She had joined the search because she had an idea or two where her son would have taken Arizona. After being assigned 3 officers we started our search. there was several places that we looked that Mrs back thought they could be I mean she hadn't see her son in months since he had taken az, we were beginning to give up hope when a thought popped into Mrs blacks head "I think he would be in one of the abandoned warehouses by the house" misses black suggested to se headed towards where the blacks lived.

after searching 8 out of the 10 building some suggested that we should split up to search the other 2 warehouses quicker. " you may shoot may shoot the boy if worse comes to worse no son of mine kidnaps is girlfriend for wanting to break things off." the officers that were with us nods and we move into one warehouse while the rest goes into the others. after searching several rooms we he someone shouting, one of the officers busts down the door training the assault rifle he had on Ryan while Ryan trained a simple hand gun on the officers "put the gun down Mr black its all over" one of the officers says, Ryan smiles before training the gun on the tiny figure behind him, suddenly there is a flash and a bang before Ryan hits the floor yelling in pain the officers had shot him in the same place mid thigh. "we have the girl I repeat we have the girl all units to Warehouse 10 on river view avenue, can someone call a paramedic" after that they handcuff Ryan and walk him out while he screams in pain.

Anthony runs forward without a doubt knowing its his twin, he scoops her up and turns to face us all, Arizona had cuts and bruises everywhere, she was so thin and dehydrated, he skin as pale and her hair had been dyed red so no one would recognise her. I was about to reach forward to take her hand before she smiled briefly at us all and then passed out. I guess she knew she was safe in the end .