Ten

We picked up book after book, paper after paper, analyzing it for hours. We found some details, but didn't explain it in a deeper level. Eventually after 5 minutes of scattered paper stuff, I found something that stood out to me.

"Gender Conduct of Alpha." I muttered.

Wolf noticed the file and snatched it out of my hand.

"Well then, what do you want from this?" I ask.

With eyes widened he said, "Oh my god, why I haven't seen this in my whole life?!".

I stopped and was confused. "R-rules?" I stuttered. He opened the folder and the papers fell out. Shredded.

"Wow, that's another waste of our time." Wolf staring in disappointment.

I picked up the hundreds of shredded paper and put it on the table.

"Hey, you can use my shredded paper decipher machine thing beside you." he pointed.

My eyes widened, "You gotta be kidding me.".

I shoved the junk in the machine, closed the lid, and pushed the button.

"This might take 20 minutes by the way!" he shouts.

I groaned, "Why.". I stumbled over to Wolf and fell in his arms.

He sighed, "Give me a break, son.". I woke up and rolled off of him. I sat down beside him.

"Is it done? How long did I slept?" I ask with a groggy voice.

"15 seconds." he replied checking his watch.

"I have something to say." I announced.

With sighs of tiredness, Wolf asked, "Son, not a big one. What is it?".

"You don't have to call me son, I'm not your kid, but-" he cuts me off.

"Just whisper the question to me." he declares.

I whispered, "Anything confidential or secrecy about 'Utopian Alpha'?".

He didn't respond at first, but he darted his eyes side to side and mouthed, "Yes.".

I whispered, "Real or not real?".

He leaned in closer and whispered, "Real truths lie ahead." in my ear.