Sixteen

The wind wisped gently as I see the trees rustling their leaves. Some fell to the ground. I triggered the handle to ring the bell on my bike.

Ring, ring, ring.

Ring, ring, ring.

Ring, ring, ring.

I arrived home and went in. I saw Cato and my father watching TV. Nothing seem out of the ordinary in a normal evening.

"Griffin, you better see this!" Father urged.

I watched a bit of the TV and immediately plopped on the couch beside my brother.

"What's happening?" I asked puzzled.

"There are many news stories relating to Daphne. Many testimonials despised her for manipulation and favoring one gender over the other."

"Is everyone protesting?"

"There is one tomorrow."

I got up and walked to my room kinda surprised many broke the system. One day at a time. Wait, no. One hour at a time is plausible. I grabbed my nano-phone and contacted Wolf for feeding him info he desperately wanted. A couple buzzing tones played out. Then some elevator music played.

Few seconds later, he picked up.

"Grif, what do you want? Spit out stupid stuff?"

"There's many accusations against Daphne. Search it up if you don't know."

"What? A rebellion is happening?"

"Today, I didn't know until it failed and showed up at 'Alpha-58' "

"Our community news show doesn't have a name."

"Yeah, yeah, but anyways, just wanted to say that many people in Alpha tried sneaky tactics like blackmailing testimonials to her."

"Well, our escape will make everyone fired up."

"Yup, and will we be targeted for this?"

"Possibly, unless we-"

Boom. The power went out.

"Unless we what?! Hello?!"

"Griffin! Why did the power went out?!" Father stormed in.

"I don't know! Don't blame it on me if I were you!"

I quickly took calm breaths in and calmed my enraged self. The quick huffing air transitioned out. After that "moment" I hear screaming. I looked out the window and not one, not two, but four females are attempting to escape. They got caught and were shot down in front of my eyes. Me. As an eyewitness. The bodies were dragged to a 'Processing Center'. We learned that they revive them at school, but believed they're still dead. Chilling, but fabricated from every education source for a more 'PG-13' worthy thing.

A few minutes later I reverted to my bedtime routine that's been assigned for girls, but not for boys. Pretty outrageous to me but I acted I agree with women having limited rights. I plopped on my bed tucked in and dozed off.