Twenty-Two

"Where are we anyway and what are those weird green bushes sticking up in the distance? Huh?" Ashleen said in confusion.

I slowly propped myself with both of my hands. I blinked a few times and looked at the surroundings processing the info gradually.

"Grif, where the hell are we?" she asks.

I tiled my head to the side a bit. "Oh, those green things? Those are trees." I replied normally.

"Trees? Okay, uh. Why are they so close together? It makes the surroundings hard to see far away."

"That's called...a forest."

I slowly stood up using my hands to prop me up properly. I stumbled to a railing close to me and leaned my body. I now see her walking down the stairs and hear asking herself questions and assume she didn't learn general facts about nature. My head dropped a bit quickly and put it up suddenly.

'Maybe it's just I have no energy?' I thought.

"GRIF! COME DOWN HERE QUICKLY!" Ashleen yelled from afar.

'Hmm? Another question about forests because I'm gonna scream.'

I stumbled to the stairs limping on one leg in every step.

'Wow, these steps are broken as fuck. Someone needs to desperately fix this.' I thought.

I went down the stairs clutching one arm on the railing slowly but surely. My shoe touched the grass and released my grip. I limped my way to her with her hands signaling me to hurry up.