Chapter 14

"Then why would she send you?" Aurora asked

"Did you want Diana to send Andrés?" he countered.

"As long as the person wasn't you, I would have been totally fine."

"Well," Max said turning to me, "She missed you two for some reason, and she wanted to know how you guys were doing, if you were safe, or if you guys were planning on going back."

We were sitting in the dining room sipping coffee out of white mugs. It was only 8 am and none of us touched our food . . . well except for Aurora because the cook made crepes for her.

"So . . . are you going to tell Andrés where we are?" Aurora questioned.

"Nope, I only tell Diana, and if she wants, she can tell Andrés, but as far as I know she hasn't told him anything."

We sat in silence for a moment but then Max broke the silence, " He's been miserable without you at the Estate, Esmeralda, I don't know if I'm right, but I have a feeling you want to go back too."

I didn't know what to say because, I really did want to go back. . . .

But I just couldn't handle the thought of him being with Lucia.

"Okay," I started, "I will go back under the condition that I can leave, do, and go wherever I want, whenever I want, and if I go, Aurora can come too."

When I mentioned Aurora, he flinched then stiffened. His fist clenched and unclenched and he nodded.

"I will call Andrés to see if he approves-"

"I want to hear him say it, so call him right now and put it on speaker."

"But its like five in the morning over there!"

"Do it, or we won't go back at all," Aurora stated. She was taking my side and she was being very confident.

Max clenched his jaw and he took out his phone and dialed Andrés's number.

"Hello?" Andrés asked. I couldn't help but gasp.

He sounded really weak and tired.

Max noticed to and he said, "Hey, its me Max, dude when was the last time you ate or slept?"

"Its been two days since I slept properly, and I haven eaten since yesterday."

"Why dude? If you go on like this your going to either go crazy, or your going to die," Max reasoned.

I could hear Andrés sigh, and it sounded like a defeated sigh.

"I miss her," those three words were all it took to make me want to run on a plane and go back to him.

"Andrés?" I stepped forward and I took the phone from Max.

"E-. . . Esmeralda?" there was disbelief in his voice as he said my name.