Chapter 20

Alejandro

Alejandro . . .

"What are we going to do?" Aurora asked, "she is going to be overwhelmed if we take her back to Andrés's house."

"She is not wrong," Di stepped in, "because I know Andrés, and he is going to want to get her back as soon as he can, and he is going to try to force her to remember things more quickly."

"Well then I guess we aren't taking her back to his house," Dante chimed in as he held Di's waist.

We were having this discussion in the private bathroom, away from Andrés, who was pacing the length of the waiting room.

"And honestly, between Andrés and his mother, I fear for her safety," I added. And it was true, I had caught Andrés's mother in Esmeralda's room several times.

"Its true," Max considered it for a moment, "my mother has never liked her, god knows why, but she never tries to fix anything. If she wants her out of the house, then that is what she will do."

"Well then what are we going to do?" I asked him.

"We can let her stay with her uncle?" Aurora suggested.

"But what if she doesn't remember him?" Di added.

"We can take her to my house," I added hoping they would consider it.

"Seriously? You live like two blocks away from the Estate?" Di growled.

I chuckled, "Not here pendejita, the house in the Dominican Republic."

"Hijo de tu madre, si me dices 'pendejita' otra vez, he voy a cortar los huevos, (son of a bitch, if you call me 'pendejita' one more time, I'm gonna cut off your balls)," she growled.

"Calm down," I huffed, "but does it seem to be a good idea?"

"It seems good enough, but what should we do with her uncle?" she asked.

"Well, when we did a background check on her, her uncle owns hotels in Mexico, Turkey, Spain, and in California," Max declared.

"Then, I think we should tell him," Di responded.

"Telling him goes without question," Aurora glared at us.

"She is right, because all we needed him to do was sign a form, then we shooed him away without answering his questions about her safety or her wellbeing," I agreed with Aurora.

"Exactly, because he loves both of us like if we were his own daughters," she glared mainly at Max.

"But what if he wants to tell and the police do a full background check and they see everything that we have done? All our companies, banks, and trade partnerships would be gone," Max returned her glare.

"He wouldn't, but even if he did, you guys were the ones who tried to kidnap her because of that thing in the alley," she nearly yelled.

"She could have left-"