Chapter 5

We called Rose twenty minuets later, and she said that the three of us were in charge of setting the tables and serving for dinner

We still had a couple more hours until dinner was going to be served, so Rose, Aurora, and I walked around the estate.

We were walking down a hallway until I saw a painting.

I stopped to look at the painting that consisted of three children, and a married couple.

The husband wasn't smiling, and neither were two of the sons. But they were overshadowed by the wife. She had amber coloured eyes, and she was beautiful. Her daughter also smiled but her eyes held a bit of mischief to them.

"That is my family," I heard a whisper in my ear. Suddenly I felt Andrés's warmth seeping through his clothes.

He pointed to the boy that was closer to the man. "That was me," he pointed to the little girl and the other boy, "and that is Maximiliano, and Diana."

"Are those your parents?" I asked softly.

"Yes, that was a portrait taken before we fled Cuba, and before my father died when he was captured by the Cubans."

"How old were you when you came?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

He looked down at me and said, "I was eleven, Max was nine, and Diana was four."

I held his gaze and we stood really close to each other, he put a hand on my arm and I placed one on his chest, until I heard someone clear their throat. Immediatly I jumped away from him and I turned to look at one of his men.

"What's wrong Dante?" Andrés barked at him.

"Boss, your sister arrived at the airport and I need to know if you want me to pick her up, or do you want to dispatch someone else?" he asked looking bashful.

I realized that he was the guy I kicked in the throat the day Andrés took me.

As he was turning away, I grabbed ahold of his arm and said, "I'm sorry about kicking you in the throat," my cheeks heated with embarrassment.

"Its all good honey," he grinned and said, "a girl with that much balls deserved to kick me in the throat."

He walked away and I was left alone with Andrés. The silence was killing me, but he broke it after a while.

"What happened to your parents?" he asked.

"They died when I was three months old, my uncle adopted me and my friend Aurora came to live with us after we both graduated from highschool," I said.

"You don't remember your parents?" he asked looking confused.

"Nope, not even a blip, they were in a plane accident, they were flying to México so that I could go live with them."