Chapter 9

Astrid's P.O.V.

We stared at each other for a moment, his eyes darting over my body. "So, you're the one my child shot in the leg," I say, crossing my arms.

"Christoph did what?" he asked in shock.

"Her name is Crystal!" I snap.

"Well can you blame me for not knowing?" he asks.

"Yes! You blame me for everything, well it's my turn to blame you for something!" I shout.

"Hey, you're the one who let our daughter know how to shoot a gun," he counters.

"'It's the man's fault, he has the thing the girl needs to be pregnant. He should take care of her; provide for her.' Where those not you're words?! When my father asked you whose fault it is when a woman get's pregnant, and when he asked who should be the responsible one?!" I shout.

"You're not entirely blameless! You completely cut me off," he says. I paused in shock and anger before smiling sweetly.

"You're right. I'm sorry, baby," I say, now pouting, as I slowly walk toward his bed.

"That's what I like to hear," he said seductively before patting the bed next to his hip. I grabbed a lemon from a Get-Well-Soon fruit basket, that I passed, as I walked over and sat next to him. He was majorly allergic to lemons. He puts his hand on my hip in a perverted way before pulling me closer. "What's in the envelope?" he asks.

"It's money. For you. We were going to pay for your hospital bill, but since it's you...I'm going to congratulate her when I get home," I say and confusion struts across his face before I rip the lemon a gash, with my nail, and squeeze the juices into his eye. 

I jump away as he starts to writhe and scream in pain before walking out of the room, tossing the lemon as I left. He had enough money from his unjust law suit against me to pay for his own hospital bill. I took the stairs to the lobby before storming out of the hospital and going to Hayden's car.

"That miserable, little low-life, son of a half troll," I mutter as I swing the door open and get in.

"Everything okay?" Hayden asks as I fasten my seat belt.

"It's fine," I say curtly before handing him the envelope.

"He didn't take it?" he asks, taking it in confusion.

"I didn't let him take it," I correct.

"What?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I say as tears start to cover my face. Eret had been the one that turned my life sour and he blames me for everything! Blamed me for going into labor during a horror movie; blamed me for screaming in the delivery room; blamed me for the positive test; blamed me for the cravings; blamed me for naming her Crystal. He blamed me for letting someone into my heart. I was crying into my hands, trying to control myself, as I thought of my time in court, when I felt strong arms wrap around me.

"It's okay, Astrid," Hayden's voice said softly into my ear. I shook my head as the sunny skies of now where replaced with the raining clouds of 13 years ago.

I'd just introduced Eret to my parents and they told us flat out that they didn't like him. I stormed out of my parents house, Eret on my heels. "Hey, Astrid, it's okay!" he said, reaching me at his car. 

"Whatever, let's go for a drive," I snap as I get in the passenger's seat.

"Yes, ma'am," I hear him say before he walks around and gets behind the wheel. I started crying as he started the engine, making him pause to look at me. "Uh, I guess I didn't answer the pop question, right, huh?" he said, trying to lighten the mood. I cried into my hands before I felt his arms wrap around me. "It's okay, Astrid," he said into my ear before I turned and cried into his chest. "Screw your parents. I'm not going anywhere..."