2

Madison's POV

I walked out of the car and waited for Ethan to walk to my side. Things were beginning to get a little awkward; we were pulling up to the park.

"Cmon Madi." Ethan said, gently pulling my hand. The nickname made sparks go through my body, and then something happened.

I remembered him.

"Hello Madi." Ethan smirks at me, almost evily saying it.

"Please don't call me that." I mumble, looking down. I always felt uncomfortable when someone other than my close friends called me by my nickname.

"What did you say?" Ethan speaks louder, grabbing my wrist. I can feel the bruises forming under his fingers due to his tight grip.

Tears brim my eyes and I can't help but look at his. Anger is shown through his entire face as he raises his hand.

I flinch, causing him to laugh. He spats in my face and walks away, pushing me to the ground as he does so. I lay there for a minute and wait for the crowd that had recently been cheering Ethan on separates.

I quickly let go of Ethan's hand and walk back slowly. His concerned eyes tried to read my face.

"M-madison? What happened?" he asked as he walked towards me.

"I remembered."

Ethan's face changed to a happy one, but soon after went back to serious after he realized what I remembered.

"Madison, I promise that I changed. After that, my sister committed suicide due to bullying and I changed. I changed for you and for everyone around me." he explained.

"You used to hurt me. How did I fall in love?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"I don't know. I didn't deserve you, but you were so good to me."

"Can we try to hang out tomorrow? I need some time to think and maybe talk to Grayson about this." I said.

Ethan nodded his head, although the disappointment in his eyes was clear. He opened my door for me and I thanked him.

After putting the key in ignition, his hand rested on my thigh. It was pulled away quickly.

"It's fine Ethan." I said, trying to lighten the mood. I laughed a bit as I took his hand and put it back on my thigh.

He smiled as he continued driving.