7 (final chapter)

prom night

Madison's POV

I walked into the venue and my eyes wandered everywhere. My hand was held by Ethan as he led me through.

I traveled through the beautiful decorations and was suddenly brought back to reality when I noticed the sweaty bodies dancing around me. I tightened my grip on Ethan and walked around in attempt to find a table.

We sat down for a little bit before deciding we should dance.

"Cmon." Ethan said, holding out his hand.

I giggled. "Of course." I replied as I took my hand in his once again.

He led us to the center of the dance floor as a slow song played. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands rested on my waist. I was pulled close to his chest as I looked into his eyes.

"Did I forget to tell you that you look gorgeous tonight?" he asked.

"Nope. You've said it a million times." I said as I picked his lips.

"Well I'll say it again. You look beautiful." he laughed. I smiled lightly.

His eyes kept shifting and he began to look behind us a lot. I didn't think much of it, I just shook it off.

"Hey, I'm gonna get us some drinks. Why don't you sit down and I'll be right back." he said. He squeezed my waist one more time and I nodded.

I went to the table we were sitting st before and saw Ethan heading over to the punch table. I took out my phone and scrolled through my instagram feed.

About five minutes went by with no sign of Ethan, but I didn't think much of it. I assumed he just got caught up with his friends.

I scrolled through a little more before refreshing my feed. A photo was posted 2 minutes ago of a girl and a boy kissing at prom.

I zoomed into the video and recognized the girl. It was the girl I met a little while ago at that restaurant. I forgot her name.

I decided to get up and look for Ethan. I saw a small crowd formed around two people, and I noticed it was the same people from the video.

Except, one was matching with me.

"Ethan?" I spoke softly, but loud enough for him to hear.

He pulled away from the girl. He looked me up and down, and realized what had happened.

He pushed through the crowd and ran out the doors. I followed him.

"Ethan!" I yelled a little louder. He turned around.

"What the fuck Ethan? You just fucking cheated on me!" I said. I got no reply.

"Oh, so now you're just not gonna talk to me? What had gotten into you Ethan?" I said as I pushed his chest, causing him to stumble back.

"I want to break up." he said a little bit sternly. My mouth gaped open.

"What? I thought you loved me." I asked, on the verge of tears.

"I never loved you Madison. I was just trying to hurt you more. I never regret what I did to you." he spat.

He ran back into the ball room, leaving me stunned.

And right then and there, I couldn't feel anything. I was numb. I realized how much of an impact Ethan had on my life.

He was always there, he always made me feel safe, despite our past. Not once did I think he would do this. He made me feel so happy, so perfect.

He made me feel something.

the end.

epilogue is next chapter.