8~ Secrets and Old Wounds

*Third Person P.O.V*

Back in Pierce's office, Pierde was now being held at gunpoint by the Council members, and Natasha was typing away on a keyboard on the computer. She was opening up all kinds of files dating from the beginning of SHIELD itself, and this came to the attention of the Council members. "What are you doing?" one asked.

"She'd disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the internet," Pierce answered.

"Including HYDRA's," Natasha confirmed.

"And SHIELD's. If you do this, none of your past is gonna remain hidden." At Pierce's comment, Natasha's fingers on the keyboard paused for a split second before continuing. She knew what she was doing. "Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?"

Natasha looked up at him. "Are you?"

In the control room, Jodie tried hacking into the security systems, but hit a dead end when she discovered that the closest cameras were the stairwell and outside Pierce's office, but none that were close enough to see inside. "Unless I go out there, we're in the dark," she told Maria. "Natasha needs backup and I can give it to her. I will not let er handle Pierce by herself -"

"No." Maria cut her off firmly. "We wait. You'll have your chance." Jodie huffed but sat back in her chair, and took to looking at the other security cameras. She caught sight of Steve, and sighed in relief to know he was still okay.

In all honesty, Jodie wasn't doing this just to save billions of people. She wasn't doing this just to get back in the field. She wasn't doing his just so she could get close to those she had parted from before, ot because she regretted leaving that world behind in the first place. Yes, she was doing this for the sake of the world, but also for the sake of her family.

Steve had reached the exterior control panel of one of the Helicarriers, and to his relief there was no one to intercept him. He reached the keypad and typed in the coe Maria had given him, showing the other computer chips - any of which he had to replace with the one he had with him. He made the switch, and made his way out of there. "Alpha lock," he reported, and Maria and Jodie both sighed in relief. They still had a running chance in this.

The symbol of one of the Helicarriers lit up on the screen, confirming the switch Steve had just made, leaving two to go. "Falcon, where are you now?" Maria asked.

"I had to take a detour." Sam dove out of the way as the quin-jet fired at him again, and he was getting quite sick of it by now. The quin-jet launched a few missiles, and Sam had suspected they would at some point, so he was ready for them. He banked hard left, and the missles folowed, sticking close to his tail as he flew close to the side of the Helicarrier, a few of them hitting the side and exploding, while the rest continued to follow him.

Cursing mentally, Sam kept going. He flew beneath the Helicarrier, flying so close to its belly that the missiles crashed into different parts of it, and still he continued to swerve and bank all over the place, just to be sure he'd lost them all. He glanced over his soldier, spotted the remaining two, and when he saw he was headed straight for a part of the Helicarrier, he shut off his wingpack and dropped. The two missiles crashed into the Helicarrier, and Sam cheered aloud as he took off again.

In a way, it seemed like he was having too much fun.

He came back around and found the exterior control panel, just like Steve had on the first Helicarrier. "I'm in." He landed and typed in the code on the keypad, making the switch wit one of the computer chips, and sighed in relief when it was done. "Bravo lock," he reported before taking off again.

Maria saw this appear on the screen and smiled. "Two down, one to go."

By now, a few SHIELD agents had gotten themselves together in the mess that as created through Steve's announcement of the HYDRA infiltration,and they were not heading for the aircraft level above deck, hoping to provide Steve and Sam with some back up. "All SHIELD pilots, scramble," the lead pilot ordered. "We're the only air support Captain Rogers had got."