3~ Reveal

~A FEW DAYS LATER

*Third Person P.O.V.*

Big newsflash- SHIELD was taken over by HYDRA. Natasha and Steve discovered this, and so whilst being hunted as fugitives, they discovered even more as they went undercover. For example, they found out that the father and family of an old friend had been targeted and killed off because he was getting too close for comfort for the leader or leaders. However, his eldest son and only daughter had escaped - the latter of the two having been able to avoid the clutches of HYDRA for most of their life. And now, she was gone, like the recast of her family, save for her older brother.

Steve and Natasha got the help of a friends, Sam Wilson, and while traveling on the open road their cover got blown, almost literally. And there, Steve encountered a rather horrifying and confusing sight: His old friend Bucky Barnes... but it wasn't him.

Unfortunately, the there of them got taken down by the S.T.R.I.K.E team of SHIELD-now-HYDRA, so they were currently sitting, handcuffed, in the back of a truck with three HYDRA soldiers, and none of them were very happy. Steve's head was spinning, not only with the information and everything they'd found out recently, but also with the fact that someone he thought to be dead for 70 years... was actually alive.

It was hard enough for him to lose Bucky back in the war, then have to start over when he woke up from the ice 7- years later. But what really topped it off was losing Jodie after New York, and even six months later... the pain still hasn't gone away. And knowing that her father had been involved, knowing he had tried to put and end to HYDRA, that not only explained a few things about Jodie, but it also raised more questions. Questions he wished she was there to answer.

And on top of all that, Bucky had changed.

"It was him." Steve broke the silence of the truck, not taking his eyes off the floor. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How is that even possible?" Sam frowned. "It was, like, 70 years ago."

"Zola," Steve muttered. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." He slowly looked up. "They must have found him and -"

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Natasha cut him off quietly, sounding rather out of breath.

Steve turned away again. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

Natasha leant her head back against the side of the truck with a quiet groan, pain erupting in her left shoulder. Sam looked at her in concern, and saw the blood staining her leather jacket. "We need o get a doctor here," he told the HYDRA soldier. "If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

The soldier he was speaking to suddenly charged a taser, making Sam jump back, but what really surprised them was when the soldier closest to steve to Steve suddenly slammed their elbow into the neck of the third soldier, while the other one shocked them with the taser before kicking them in the head. The soldier collapsed to the floor unconscious, leaving Steve, Sam and Natasha to stare at the two other soldiers.

The one closest to Sam reached up and took off their helmet. "Ah, That thing was squeezing my brain."

The other removed their helmet as wel. "That makes two of us."

The eyes of the three captives widened, close to popping out of their heads as they faced the two females who had just removed the helmets. One of them was Agent Hill, a familiar face to Natasha and Steve. And the other... she was definitely a sight for sore eyes to the three of them.

Maria looked from Sam to Steve. "Who is this guy?"

Steve didn't answer, as he was staring at the other woman with wide eyes, not sure if this was just a bad dream or actual reality. Natasha said nothing, but she was just as shocked as Steve. Sam swallowed audibly and was the first to break the silence.