Chapter 13: From the Heart, The Feelings Voiced Out

Everyone is getting busy and tired in the practice. The Zambales event is coming up along with the recording of the Bahasa album and also the Cagayan De Oro event. Everyone especially the special ministry is getting prepared for the events. Everything is happening in just one week. And today we are here, it’s already 4 in the afternoon and we are still perfecting the Zambales practice on what songs to play and especially the requested song “A New Hallelujah” by Michael W. Smith for the children who are all taken care of to be civilized all the way from the mountainous untouched area.

“Come on we have to wrap it all up, here are the line-up for Zambales” Esther said in a hurry. Since it’s getting late, it’s only in the first part that has been practiced. They have to take a rest for the early recording of Bahasa (the language of Malaysia and Indonesia) and to take care of the voices of the singers and yet the one for Cagayan De Oro practice has not yet started and it’s late. By 5 in the afternoon the Zambales practice was done and it’s time for the new line-up. I took a rest since I’m not coming and so is Blake. He will be going to his parent’s hometown for the week to settle his father’s papers and inheritance and not to mention promotes the album where his life testimony is recorded.

I saw everyone’s eyes getting tired and the voices getting weakened. Everyone is just rushing to finish the songs since most are the songs of our pastor so everything is to be really played well to promote and to give ease to the congregation who’s going to listen since they are all from the south of Philippines, better use the language of the Philippines than English.

I was waiting outside hanging around. We cannot leave yet since my mother is still in the meeting with Pastor Mary and the others so I was just talking to my sister Jill on random things around, especially on what I have observed that my sister is crashing and burning with Justin. She’s starting to become obvious that I have to talk to her as a big sister.

“Jill, you’re becoming too obvious with Justine! You have to be really careful to yourself, you’re only 15 and you’re already like that. Preserve your heart; remember it’s not yet your time.” I told to her with concern and her reply was “Thanks big sis! It’s because of John he’s always coming near us telling lots of things about Justine and Justine always send messages through John!”

The conversation went on lasting for thirty minutes and it ended well with a lot of thanks. I gave her advice and suggestions on what to do to guard her heart. And by the time we ended the conversation, it was time for us to go. My eyes were still looking out for Blake in secret but I don’t want it to be obvious. I left and send him a text message that we were about to leave.

Few days and the day to Zambales have finally arrived. I am very excited to go back to Zambales for the reason that the beaches were just so great and not to mention the beautiful view and the famous Subic we will be passing by to see how the place has been developed to modern times. It is also famous for the well-known volcano of Mount Pinatubo which erupted last 1990. From the city of ashes, it’s now a great developed city. It’s now 5 in the morning and everyone is excited and nervous at the same time. I woke up 4 in the morning to prepare myself for the event. I was still too sleepy because I slept around 2am resulting that I only took a nap and there it is, I am going to have a 2 hour trip along with the beautiful blind ladies we were all together in the car with my parents. It was very surprising to find out that Blake was left behind. He sent me a message saying that he is to stay in the church to guard it. This has given me a frown on my face yet I have to fight for it not to make it too obvious for the people around me.

Around 8 in the morning we arrived in the hotel ate breakfast and rushed to the venue to prepare ourselves on what to do. Well to be frank, we really don’t know how the program will flow. We just wait and see on what we will do. We knew that the program is not well coordinated thus making it more prepared for the team that whenever they want to call us we can stand up in front.