85.

The ride to the ambulance had been eventful. She was giving me quite the scare. Now sitting here in the hospital was nice. Literally I was sat here silently, holding Erin's hand tightly. She had her wires in and she was attached to her drip. The only noises were the beeping from her heart monitor, her blood pressure monitor and her pulse that was being taken from wrist and neck. Her head was bandaged at the back and her neck and head was kept in a c-collar.

"Mr Halstead?"

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Hello, I'm Katy, Erin's nurse. She will be okay hopefully, I mean for now I know she's okay, but I have some news. The pregnancy test you asked for came back as negative but your wife does have cancer."

"Okay thank you and yes I know she does.."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because she doesn't know. Basically please don't tell her. Just do what you need to do but please don't tell her she has cancer. It will freak her out to the max. I need her to be calm. We have 2 children okay? 2 beautiful children and I'm not ready to lose her."

"Okay sir. I will respect your wishes but you know if her life is in danger and we need to save her we will have to tell her."

"That's fine but for now I just want to spend some time with my wife like normal before anything happens." I smiled. She nodded. She hung another drip bag up for Erin before walking out and leaving us sat there. "Bluebirds sing in the dead of night. Take these wings and make them fly." I sung quietly as I choked up.

**

"Jay come on wake up." His voice practically shook as he tapped me.

"Hmm? What's up?" I huffed as I rubbed my eyes. "Where's my Erin gone?"

"That's why I'm waking you up. She's been taken for surgery. She's having surgery right now."

"Why Will? What's happened?"

"The cut on her head is a lot worse than we thought. She had a brain haemorrhage last night. All I can say right now is so far the surgery is okay but for what happens after the surgery all I can say is I hope she'll be okay because if not she might not be able to walk, talk or even move her hands properly again." He sighed.

"Oh Jesus. Please come and find me and tell me what's going on and if anything else happens because I'm so worried now." I sighed.

"Will do brother." Will smiled patting my shoulder and then he left. I paced around the now empty room. I went up to the window and looked out then next thing I knew the door opened and someone put their arms around my neck and hugged me.

"Are you okay Daddy?" Florence smiled.

"Yeah I'm good thanks." I smiled. I hugged her properly and gave her a small kiss on my cheek.

"What's going on with Mum?"

"Basically mum's got cancer... I'm sorry I know it's hard but Mum's got cancer..." I sighed. She grabbed me and hugged me again and cried. She was nearly as tall as me so she rested her head on my shoulder. I held her tightly and we both cried.

"Is she going to die?"

"Florence listen to me I don't know what is going to happen but hopefully she'll be okay." I smiled.

"I don't want to lose her Dad." She cried.

"Me either sweetheart. Me either." I sighed. It was only then I realised Harvey was fast asleep in the buggy in the corner. "You bought Harvey?"

"He needed his mum and dad." Flo smiled.

"Okay lovey. Well Mum should be back soon. She's having surgery right now."