9|Discretion

"Well, it's good to see that you're still in Beacon after that stunt you caused." My mentor said as she removed her helmet.

"Good to see you too Raven."

My mentor is Raven Branwen, former member of Team STRQ, one of the strongest and most capable Beacon team in her time. She is currently the leader of the Branwen bandit tribe, my home.

Raven was a very similar to Yang, the difference was she had black hair and intimidating red eyes. She was dressed like a female samurai but with less coverings, her ödachi was sheathed at her hip and wore a Grimm-like helmet that had four eye slits on it.

She was the one who found me and took me in after I was orphaned when my village was turned into a wasteland by Grimm. She taught me that the world was cruel, unforgiving and out there it was either kill or be killed. The weak perishes, the strong survives.

"Do you know how much damage you caused to one of our assets in Vale?" She was angry, no furious.

"Look, Torchwick was there." I answered. "I did my best to assess the situation without causing any unnecessary attention."

"Did you kill him?"

"Unfortunately, no. He got away before I could even fire a bullet at his head."

"So, how is she?" Raven asked, changing the topic.

"Which one?" I asked back. "There's two of them now. Didn't expect Frost would end up here like I did. I thought you'd pair her with Rogue?"

"She wanted her own path and I gave permission to it, just like when you asked me if you can go to Beacon. Now answer the question." Raven was getting impatient.

"Well, Yang's doing well. Part of a team with a silver spooned racist, an almost anti social girl and her sister. Also, I heard she beat down an entire club the night before going to Beacon. Looks like that's what they get from the daughter of two members from Beacon's strongest team."

Raven glared at me in irritation. "Well, how about Frost?"

"Fine would be putting it mildly. Frost almost killed someone during combat class before Goodwitch stepped in and stopped her." I saw Raven flash a small smile. "She's the leader of her own team, named FRST. She's been having problems with her team but she'll handle it. She always does."

"How about you? Does Ozpin know yet?"

"The headmaster knows everything, Raven, considering your brother Qrow is one of his trusted allies and both of you are the ones who helped me go to Beacon. I could tell Ozpin's keeping a watchful eye on me but  he doesn't look like what you told me before. Is he really that of a person?"

A moment passed when she answered. "Remember, Rymson, looks can be deceiving. I thought you have learned that now, considering your past with Torchwick."

The topic made my teeth grit, my fists clench tighter until I noticed that Raven was just taunting me. "He's a different matter."

"Well, always keep a low profile. Don't cause anything that might catch Ozpin's attention. The last thing I want is for him to find out what you're really up to." Raven said as she brought out her ödachi and swung it downwards, opening a portal. It was her Semblance.

"So my first mission was merely a front, a distraction?"

"For the while. Just watch on her and keep in touch with me." She reminded.

"Again, which one?"

"Both."

Then she almost through when I remeber and called out to her, "Wait!"