11|Doubts To Protect

My blood ran cold when I heard his voice through the Scroll. It was my cousin. The one who passed our family's rite of passage: Hans Longstride.

"What do you want, Hans?" I asked after hearing the familiar voice speak through. After all those years, he called me like nothing happened.

"Straight to the point I see." He replied. "Read the letter yet?" Hans added, taunting.

"Yes. I have. Now answer the question, dammit!" I barked, anger running through. He knew well that I hated him for his actions.

"Yeesh, no need to get mad on me, cousin. I just wanted a piece of information that you probably know, no biggie." Hans retorted.

It was silent for a minute before he continued, "I've been hired to take out a violet haired girl. I think she's a musician to be exact. What was her last name again? Um... Fleurette! It's Fleurette." My body tensed and face paled when I heard, making me look at Viola, who was still at the table with the others. She glanced at me then gave a smile. I did the same, tried not to look weary or worried.

"What about it?" I asked, trying to sound foreign about the topic.

"I was wondering if you happen to see her, you know, given that both of you are currently there at Beacon." He answered , listing off a confidential information. After my exile, no one knew I was at Beacon except for my fellow clansmen here in Vale.

"N-no. Besides, even if I did, I will keep her away from you." I spat. Hans laughed from the other line.

"Alec." Hans said after his laughter ended, his tone serious. "We both know what happened the last time you told me that."

A familiar guilt returned to me when he reminded me of that day. It was the day when I let someone close die because of a broken promise. And that day was never to be repeated, whatever the cost.

"Times change, cousin." I scoffed. "I'm prepared to protect whoever needs so. The second I see you on Beacon grounds will be your last. You will not walk away without your crimes paid." A second of silence went before I said my last. "Do you understand?"

I never had the guts to threathen someone but if they're to harm the ones I treasure, they'll experience hell.

Another minute of silence before Hans replied one last time, "I'll look forward to that." Then he hung up, ending the call.

I told myself to stay calm, to pretend the call never happened or that I didn't hear my cousin planning to kill my partner at least. I walked back to our table, trying to hide my tension. They were laughing over something so I sat down on my chair unnoticed.

"Uhh... I'll be going ahead now." I uttered to Rymson, almost sounded I was asking permission. He looked at me before he nodded.

He took out his Scroll before he said, "Well, would you look at the time." Rymson stood up. "Sorry guys but we'll be going now. See you when I see you." We bid farewell, our leader flashing a mock two finger salute.

And with that said, our team left the cafeteria. We walked back to our dorm rooms without speaking a single word. The quietness was somewhat getting me nervous. Viola was the who opened the door and went inside, followed by Nyx then Rymson.

I immediately went to my bed and sat down in tiredness, my eyes closed and my mind in thought of what I just learned earlier.

Our leader cleared his throat, prompting my eyes to open. "Alec. I -I mean, We need to speak to you about something."

"About what?" I asked. Inside, I felt tension was about to rise.

"In general, you and deep thought times." He simply stated.