15|Errands

I bid my goodbye to Haruka after we talked for a while. I asked how she was holding up back in our camp at Mistral. She told me stories of her trainings with Vernal, solo missions for her getting often, and how she was getting better at using her powers. She told me that Grimm were starting to be more of a nuisance nowadays but handled it notheless.

We finished when I heard Raven call for her from the other side. What's funny was Haruka never says goodbye, only saying "See you later, big brother!"

I turned off my Scroll, walking down a floor to reach our dorm room. As I got off the stairs, the door opened. It revealed Nyx in her battle attire, her railgun strapped to her back. She walked down the opposite direction.

"Nyx!" I called to her, jogging. She didn't seem to hear it so I shouted this time as I ran. Again, no reply came. I ran faster and faster until I grabbed her arm, halting to a stop.

"Would you please slow down?" I panted, catching my breath. She sighed in a irritated manner before turning around, makimg me let go.

"Yes, TL?" She greeted. Nyx looked more annoyed than anything.

"Where you going?" I asked, waving off her tone earlier. Maybe she wasn't in the right mood or something must've ticked her off.

"A family friend just called in, telling me to meet her by the docks. I'll be back before curfew." She explained, sounding deadpanned. Then Nyx turned and walked off, leaving for her errand.

"Well, that's that." I only muttered before heading inside our room. Alec and Viola were pretty much killing time. Our wolf Faunus teammate sat by the windowsill, looking out to the beyond, a leg swaying outside.

Viola, however, strummed her electric guitar. I've heard the sounds her instruments make, or at least the acoustic type. From what I can hear from her are just strings plucked, its sounds not quite understable.

"Hey, Viola." I called, gaining her attention as she stopped and looked up to me. "I'm only curious, is that how it's supposed to sound." I asked, not wanting to sound rude.

"Well, no." Viola laughed in reply as if I sounded like a goof. Then her eyes slightly widened in surprise. "Hold this for a while, just need to grab something under the bed." She quickly handed me over her guitar as Viola started to look for something underneath her bed.

She grunted as she looked like she was pulling something. She seemed having a hard time so I plopped her guitar on her bed and helped. We pulled out a huge black rectangular box. It looked exactly like a speaker, only bigger I suppose.

"So, what's the huge speaker for?" I asked, earning a scoff and laugh from Viola. I heard Alec chuckle from the window. Now, it's starting to confuse me. "What's the matter? Is there something wrong with what I asked?"

Viola tried to hold it in but failed as she bursted into laughter, dropping on her bed. Alec walked towards me. He gave me a tap on my shoulder saying, "It's called an amplifier."

"I can't believe you don't know this" She laughed, pointing to her amplifier. "Oh, Nyx is going have fun knowing this!"

It was enough to have Viola laughing at my face. So, I formed up a gamble. "Viola, how about this: We go around our friends, ask them if they know that," I pointed to the amplifier on the floor. "If there is at least one person who doesn't know, we'll keep this quiet. If not, I'll give you 50 Lien-no, half my share of untouched tree saps from Forever Fall."

Viola formed a sly grin on her face, "That's a deal!" We shook hands before she continued, "And I don't only want half your share, I want a treat to Vale's local candy shop. I heard they make delicious treats that leave a savory feeling."