☼ first date

the sun shone in my eyes and woke me up as i realized... it's me and ben's first date today. he had asked me out when we were on facetime while he was backstage getting ready for Mean Girls with demarius singing and slaying in the back. we have been good friends for a while and he finally got the guts to ask, and when he did you could hear all the guys in the dressing room scream. we had held off dating for a while because of previews and opening of mean girls, but it gave us a chance to become better friends and become open to our real personalities.

*phone vibrates*

benny 🤞🏼👀: TODAY IS THE DAY.
tuck immediately popped into my head
benny 🤞🏼👀: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER.
i knew it.

i picked up my phone to text back
me: "it's not August or 1893. rip tuck deserved better"
benny 🤞🏼👀: you rite BUT STILL
me: "well i'm excited benny boi"
benny 🤞🏼👀: "ew don't call me that"
me: "well too bad... benny boi"

i put down my phone and walked to my bathroom in my small NYC apartment. i got ready for my day by wearing some nike cropped sweatpants, an oversized graphic tee that i tied up, and some adidas.

taking the subway to the new amsterdam theater for aladdin, i saw many mean girls advertisements and thought of ben. zoning out on the subway i remembered:

holy crap. our date is officially in 9
hours

at the theater i sign in, head to the female ensemble dressing room and did all my wig prep while i filled in the girls on tonight's plans. yet another successful show and the 3pm matinee rolled by with a blur, because all i had thought about was tonight. even stagedooring was a blur, and that's usually my most vivid memories... but today was different

2 MORE HOURS SODJSJDJSJDJ

benny 🤞🏼👀: "TWO MORE HOURS , IM SORRY IM JUST SO EXCITED OMG"
me: "I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED YOU ARE , BUT SAME."
benny 🤞🏼👀: "I'VE BEEN DOING THE FORTNITE DANCE FOR OVER AN HOUR AND I STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT"
me: "it just be like that sometimes."
benny 🤞🏼👀: "you're a jerk sometimes JKJK"
me: " i mean you're not wrong. GO AWAY I NEED TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK GOOD FOR YOU"
benny 🤞🏼👀: "you don't need to work that hard 😉😉"

this boy i swear .

running to my apartment as an excuse to exercise and get home faster to get ready i accidentally ran into the door, forgetting it was locked. after having a quick rest i started connecting my bluetooth speakers, and blasted my favorite songs ...

your outfit and hair :)))

________________*knock knock knock*

________________
*knock knock knock*

i froze in the middle of drinking milk straight from the carton.

FRICK FRICK FRICK FRICK

i ran to the door while rubbing off my milk mustache, and opened it revealing ben wearing a button up shirt and jeans.