☼ fire escape

It was a long day at work and all I wanted to do was relax. I got to my apartment, changed into comfy clothes, and sat on the couch. My head whizzed with many thoughts of work, family, and just life in general. I took a deep breath, went to the kitchen to make tea, and walked to my living room. 

Looking at the window, I walked towards it and opened it. The autumn breeze blasted my face as I climbed out onto the fire escape with its steel lined floor. I sat down on one of the steps and took in the busy city life below. 

A few moments passed by, and as I continued to think out in the open, a knock on the window broke my moment. Ben climbed out onto the fire escape with a big fluffy blanket. 

"Hi," Ben smiled, "I thought you would need this." He said softly and sat down beside me, draping the blanket over the two of us.

"You're the best," I smiled at him, and leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"I know," Ben kissed the top of my head and leaned his head on top of mine.

We sat there for hours taking in the busy streets below and the chilly fall air, all the stress and anxiety slowly went away as we enjoyed each other's company.

__________________

hi ! just a small serene chapter but with cute moments :)