Prologue

Dinah Jane

My heart pounds in my ear and the only sound that can be heard is my bare feet slapping against the concrete as I continue running.I can hear the sirens of the firetruck up ahead and the sounds of the police behind me.

My chest heaving, I continue running.The firetruck zooms past me, casting a red and yellow glow to the dark Polynesian streets. I continue running as it speeds past me to the house where I once lived.

The house where so many bad things happened. The house that I'm running away from.I can feel the cold metal of the gun pressed against my skin though my shorts pocket. Blood is trickling from a wound on my forehead, clouding my vision.

My legs are burning, but I continue running, my chest rising and falling heavily.Screams echo in my head, forever haunting me. But what I did was right. No one can tell me that it was wrong. Self-defense.

If the police catch me, that's what I'll say. Self-defense.I need to find somewhere to go. Somewhere away from the hellhole people called Polynesia.But for right now, I need to keep running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I've been working on multiple books but I really think this one will be really good but it all depends on you guys and how active you guys are with the book.  Please vote and comment. I mean if you're going to read it it wouldn't hurt to vote an comment lmaoo.