•11•

Dinah Jane

10:30 a.m

I step out of the shower and wrap the towel around my body, humming a song that I was previously singing in the shower. I push my wet hair hair out of my face and scream at the sight before me.

"Lo, what tha fuck, man?!" I scream as Lo laughs and hops off of the sink counter. "You should learn to keep your door locked," Lo says, smiling.

I suddenly remember that I did forget to lock the door last night. I roll my eyes and push past her. "You got a nice singing voice, by the way," she compliments behind me.

I turn around and glare at her,"can you get out of here?" She raises her hands in surrender,"hey, my bad. Just came to tell you to wear something nice. We're going to the mall.""Who say?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I say," Lo says, popping an imaginary collar. I stare at her for a moment before we both burst out into laughter."Yeah whatever," I say, shooing her away."I'm forreal. Be ready by 12," she says, leaving the bathroom.

A few minutes later, I hear the front door shut. I let out a sigh of relief and start to put my clothes on.  

§ §

After eating and doing my hygiene, I sit on my bed and check the time on my watch.11:30 a.m I better hurry up if Lo and I are going to the mall. 

I pull on my Shoes. I stand up and check myself out in the mirror, then nod, satisfied with my looks.I then grab my keys and phone off of my bed and leave my room.

As I near the front door, I enable the security alarm then walk outside, locking the door behind me

Don't need Lo to magically pop up while I'm asleep.As I head down the brick path to the street, I see Lo in front of Normani's house talking to a flushed Normani .

What's she talking to her for?I furrow my brows and walk over to them, as I near them, I see Normani take notice to me and her face blows up in a reddish color.

I smirk and lick my lips, remembering last night. "You ready?" Lo asks, taking notice to me."Yea," I say, looking over her outfit and her newly done hair.

"You like?" Lo asks, running her fingers through her hair,"Normani did it

"You like?" Lo asks, running her fingers through her hair,"Normani did it."I target my eyes on Normani , questionably, causing her to look away.

"Mani!" A voice yells from the front of the house,"I'm out!"We all look up and I see an white girl walking down the path to the driveway.

Wait a minute. Who's this?"Ok, Camila," Normani says.Camila... I think as I watch her walk to her black Mustang. She's actually kinda-Lo nudges me a little too hard in my ribs, causing me to groan.

"Ok, Mani. We about to go. We'll see you in a few hours," Lo rushes out, quickly pulling me away.As soon as we're out of earshot, Lo smacks me at the back of my head.

"Ow! What ya hitting me for?!" I exclaim, fixing my bandanna that she damn near knocked off."Don't even look at Camila like that again," She mutters.

"Wh-why not?" I ask, confused."Because..." she drifts off. "Beca-" I stop, realizing why," ohh! Ya like her!"A look of pure surprise crosses her face,"w-what? I-I do not!""Yes, ya do!" I tease dancing around her."Stop!" Lo yells, her face turning red.

I stop mid-skip and look at her face."What's wrong?" I ask, concerned as to why she looked mad."Nothin'"Lo says, walking to her white Altima,"you ridin' with me?""Yea," I say, following her.  

§ §

"Are ya almost done?" I ask, carrying my two bags and two of hers."Almost. I just gotta get a new skateboard," Lo says, biting into a pretzel she just bought.

I glance at her and roll my eyes."What's your problem, girl? You hungry or somethin'?" Lo asks."No, I'm tired. We been walking round fo- is that a candy store?!" I ask, a colorful store coming into view.

Lo laughs,"yea, you wanna go in?""Yessss," I groan, speedwalking to the store. As I come inside the store, I look around in awe. "Why you so excited? Haven't you been in a candy store?" Lo asks, standing beside me.

 "Why you so excited? Haven't you been in a candy store?" Lo asks, standing beside me

"No." I admit. I really haven't. A huge part of my childhood went missing while I was living in the islands and this was apart of it.

"Hmm..." Lo  ponders, taking me by my arm,"then try this."She pulls me to a basket that has little orange-foiled balls in it. She takes one out and hands it to me.

I eye it, suspiciously,"what's  in it?""Just try it. It won't kill you,"Lo  says, a smile across her face.I take the wrapper off, exposing a ball of chocolate.

I take a small bite of it and chew, a smile coming across my face as the flavors burst in my mouth. "What's  in it?" I ask, popping the rest of the ball into my mouth.

"Ecuadorean dark chocolate with peanut butter," she says, taking one and unwrapping it,"I ate these a lot when I was little.""We allowed to eat this?" I ask, taking another one.

"Nah. But choose some candy and I'll buy it for you," Lo says, eating the chocolate ball. "Yea?" I ask, smiling."Yea, hurry up, We have to catch a movie before we go."Less than five minutes later, I walk out of the store, as satisfied as can be.

In my bag I have a huge gummy bear, a pack of those little chocolate balls, a bag of peanut butter balls, some gummy worms, a huge pack of Skittles, and a gigantic bag of Reese's Pieces.

As we approach the movie theater, I can see Normani walking towards us, bags in her hand too.I choke on air,"w-why she's comin'?"

"Because, I invited her," Lo says, just as she comes into earshot."Hey guys," Normani says, blushing hard."Wassup, mama?" I ask, smiling. Knowing that I had an effect on her was amusing to me."What movie we watching?" Lo asks, walking to the ticket booth.

"Let's watch Don't Breathe." Mani pipes in."Don-" I start, but am interrupted by Lo."Yes! But isn't that a scary movie?" She asks, raising an eyebrow."Yea. But I got ya'll if I get scared," she says.

I raise an eyebrow, a chuckle escaping my mouth. I see what she's doing..."Hmm? Ok..." Lo  says, purchasing the tickets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a boring chapter. 

😎😇Vote & Comment.

~Candice