•12•

A/N: I'm not understanding why you guys are reading to book if you aren't going to vote and comment. Could y'all be more active? It just lets me know you like the book. Thank you!!🤗

Dinah Jane Hansen

6:30 p.m

"Can we get a booth?" Lo asks the pizza parlor cashier.I look around the place we walked in called CiCi's Pizza.

Apparently, it's a place where they only ate pizza.I've tasted pizza only about two times. Both times out was cold and a few days old, but I took it.

This experience should be different..."Come on," Lo says, snapping me out of my thoughts.I follow her and Normani to a red and white semicircular booth.

Normani slides in the middle with Lo and I on both sides of her.As soon as we settle in, two girls, dressed in worker uniform, come to our table.

One has three plates in her hand and the other one has a huge metal dish with the wonderful smell of pizza flowing from it. I smile at the smell as my mouth starts to salivate.

The first girl hands us our plates as the second asks,"cheeseburger pizza?"Cheeseburger? Pizza? At the same time?"Try it," Mani says as they slide a piece of pizza on my plate.I hesitantly pick up the piece of pizza and bring it to my mouth.

I look up and see Lo and Mani staring at me."What you looking over here for?" I ask, causing both of them to laugh."Goddamnit, Dinah. Just try it," Lo says, rolling her eyes.I shake my head and take a bite into the pizza, burning my tongue in the process.

"Ah! Fuck!" I curse, trying to move the hot food around in my mouth. I can hear Lo and Mani laughing and slapping the table.I glare at them as I chew the pizza.

This is actually pretty good, I think as I take another cautious bite."Anyhoo..." Lo starts, taking a bite into her pizza,"tryouts, am I right?"Automatically what happened yesterday comes to my mind and I glance at Mani, who's ears are bright red.

"Yea. It was interesting '." I say, taking a bite into my pizza."Did you see that tall bitch, tho?" Lo asks.I think back to the chick that was roughly around 6'5.

I quickly remember that she was the one that pushed me on the way to do our running."Yea. Wassup with her?" I ask, as another worker comes to our table."Hawaiian or Greek?" She asks, motioning to her tray.We all nod at Hawaiian and she slips two slices of pizza on our plates.

The girl leaves and Lo continues what she was saying."Her names Sylvia. Sylvia Fowles , I think. Apparently, she's a senior that came from Florida or something like that. She's been in the team for two years and she doesn't like new people who might pose as a threat to her. Like you," she says, taking a bite into her pizza.

I shake my head "Thinking she a bad girl gone get her in trouble," I mutter, chewing my food."Where are you from?" Mani asks, her voice pitching a little at the end.

I smile, knowing that my accent had an effect on her."Yea. I been wanting to know," Lo comments."Polynesia," I say, the word leaving a bad taste on my tongue."Hmm..." They both ponder, as if they were processing new information.

"Hey, girls," A deep voice says, causing me to look up. My face twists in horror when I see who it is.Trevor..."Fuck ya want?"Mani asks.

"Whoa, baby. I just came to say hi. I see that you're having fun with Hawaii and Dyke 101..." Trevor says, eyeing Lo and I with disgust.

I think about jumping up and wrapping my hands around his thick ass neck, but choose otherwise when I see Lo stand up in front of Trevor face."Hey. You ain't gotta be all hostile and shit. I forgot to ask though, how's Chloe?" Lo says.