•2•

Dinah Jane

I continue looking up at the window of the house, where I swear I saw a beautiful girl staring out of. "Dinah!" A voice behind me yells.

I freeze up, the ball in my hands. My heart starts racing and I start panicking, not daring to turn around."Dinah," the voice says again. I sigh, realizing it is my friend, Ally. I turn around and see that she's walking away from her car that she parked behind the moving truck.

She runs to me and gathers me in a hug, which I warmly return, dropping the basketball. The moment lasts about a minute before she pulls away."I thought you'd never get here!" She squeals, happily.

"I know. It kinda took some time," I speak, scratching the back of my head."Right? How do you like the house?" She ask, motioning to the house she just bought for me and her to live in together.I look up at the one-story brick house that I'm extremely grateful for. It's better than my old house and I appreciate her letting me live with her.

seeing that I don't answer her question, she asks,"Where are you going to school at?""Uh- I enrolled at Panorama High School a few months ago. But I'm not going..." My voice trails off."Yes the fuck you are! You have to go to school!" Ally screams.

"Why?" I ask, smiling. She always thinks she knows what's best for me. And I'm also grateful for that."What are you smiling for? You are going to school. No if, ands, or buts," she says, pulling me by my hand to the house.

I trudge behind her unwillingly,"But what if I di-""No if, and or buts, you're going."