Chapter 3- What's That Smell?

^^All of Me-by John Legend^^

A/N: I know these first few chapters are really short, but I promise they will get longer. Please comment and vote!

Ivy's POV

I walk to the back of the building feeling an unexpected sense of anticipation. I feel Emersyn pushing me to go forward. I catch the faintest scent of old books and coffee as I reach the beginning of a trail. I quickly stretch before putting in my earbuds and turning on my MP3 player with my running playlist. As the first notes of my favorite song, All of Me by John Legend, make their way to my ears, I take off. I have to monitor my speed because I don't want a human seeing me run faster than should be possible. As a werewolf, I can easily run twice as quickly as a normal person.

When the song ends I decide to turn off my music and enjoy the sounds of the forest. I slow my stride for a moment to wrap my earbuds around my MP3 player before slipping it into my pocket. As I pick up speed again, I notice that the scent from before has gotten stronger. The further I run, the more I can smell it. I feel Emersyn dancing around in my mind.

' What has you so hyper, Emmy?' I ask her as I glance around.

' Can't you smell it? It's wonderful!' She practically sings to me.

' Yes, you know I can. I wonder what it is... We are definitely getting closer to the source." I tell her as I continue to look around, trying to find what smells so mouthwatering.

Just as I think I might go crazy if I don't find it, I notice that the scent seems to be leading away from the trail. I slow down and raise my nose to sniff the air. It's close. So close. When I find where it leaves the trail I stop in my tracks. I take in the air again and finally pinpoint the location. I turn my head quickly to the left, and I feel my heart skip a beat. Through the trees, I see a large oak. Sitting at its base is my whole world.

I slowly make my way towards him, not wanting to move too quickly and startle him. The closer I get, the more intoxicated I become. I can't help but beam at him. His chocolate brown eyes are trained on me as I make my way towards him, and I can hear his heart beating as quickly as my own. When I get a few yards away from him, I notice that his breathing has stopped. Emersyn lets out a happy growl, and before I can stop it, the sound escapes my mouth.

I freeze hoping he didn't hear the slip and am pleased to notice that he has started breathing again. I move even slower towards him until I am within touching distance. He seems surprised that I'm still smiling at him but seems to snap himself out of it as he stands quickly. The Kindle that was resting on his chest almost hits the ground before I reach out and snatch it. His breath hitches and I realize that I moved faster than I should have. Instead of worrying over this, I take another deep breath. I can't even stop myself from moving closer until we are almost touching.

I look him directly in the eyes and say, "You smell like... Mine."